2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Not sure how I'd feel if the Chargers traded away Rivers. There were rumours that Telesco offered him a new contract at 5 million a year which suggests he's not exactly desperate to keep him. Makes more sense to keep Rivers, draft a pass rusher in the 1st round and take Hundley at some point.

I'm amazed that the Browns are giving up on Manziel already. What a mess.

It's draft day! :D

One of Williams/Fowler/Cooper/Gurley will be a Jaguar tonight! How exciting.

If Williams is up, we don't even have to think it through. He's that good.

That makes much more sense. But if Rivers seriously refuses to go to Los Angeles, they're kind of between a rock and a hard place. You have to try to get something for a franchise quarterback.

It essentially comes down to that fact and I guess only Rivers, Telesco and Spanos know a) how likely LA is and b) whether Rivers would seriously refuse to play in LA. If those are both likely then yeah, I think we'd have to trade him now.

No need for a separate thread really, seeing as a new one will be started (Linekar 1/15 favourite) for the actual season around pre-season.

This will be the first one I won't stay up and watch live in a while, have an exam very early in the morning. Gutted about that, but I'll just go on an internet blackout until after and enjoy it all then!

I don't think we need one because its not like we'll be talking about much else in this one, and really there's only going to be a lot of discussion for the first night.

What I'm secretly hoping for is some kind of crazy trade between the Titans and someone else, only for the Bucs to take Mariota and screw everything up. Bonus points if it's the Eagles and Chip Kelly's cunning plan falls to hell :shifty:

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean the Browns will have to play it by ear. If the Titans tell them that they're going for Williams instead of Mariota, they'll wait to trade with that Washington team and grab him at five, I imagine.

Yeah, I mean the Browns will have to play it by ear. If the Titans tell them that they're going for Williams instead of Mariota, they'll wait to trade with that Washington team and grab him at five, I imagine.

The Titans aren't going to tell them that, though, even if they don't want Mariota. Why do the Browns any favors? Extort them and say you're taking Mariota until they're willing to cough up more picks.