2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

So who are we expecting to make moves in the first round? The Chargers/Titans trade appears to have lost steam but I still wouldn't be surprised if they moved. The Browns have two first rounds picks this year that they use to trade up, as do the Saints. Will they make their way into the top 5/10? How about the Vikings using Peterson as a makeweight to up the order?

Peterson moving looks doutbful. I've heard the Browns want to move into the top 10. And of course keep an eye out for Chip Kelly because that motherfucker loves a good trade.

Peterson moving looks doutbful. I've heard the Browns want to move into the top 10. And of course keep an eye out for Chip Kelly because that motherfucker loves a good trade.

Debatable.

• Like 3

So much for Johnny Football

:lol::lol::lol:

You absolutely take that trade if you're the Titans and don't want Mariota.

What if the Chargers offer Rivers and a 1st rounder? >_>

Eh, this is a team that was bad enough to get the second overall pick. I really don't think they're a QB away from contention and would hope they aren't that delusional as well.

They're not going anywhere with Mettenberger, Locker or Clipboard Jesus though. Rivers plus a 1st round would strengthen them more than two 1st rounders, at least in the short term.

The Browns have #12 and #19, Lineker.

Yeah but strong in the short term isn't exactly valuable. With Rivers maybe they start finishing 7-9 or 8-8, then they're middle of the pack. If you aren't going to make the playoffs, its better to be shitty and get higher draft picks.

They're not going anywhere with Mettenberger, Locker or Clipboard Jesus though. Rivers plus a 1st round would strengthen them more than two 1st rounders, at least in the short term.

I think they really like Mettenberger. Getting a vet like Rivers could be a good move and have Mett sit behind him for a couple of years.

The Rams got way more for RG3's pick. They switched picks, got two more firsts and a second. If the Borwns want Mariota and believe him to be the franchise guy, I'd try to milk them for more.

I'd want next year's first too, at least.

That's true but they didn't get two picks in the same draft. Those are locked in at the spots their at, whereas the Redskins ones were floating, could have landed anywhere from 1-32.

Not to be THAT guy, but of course they are going no where with Locker...he kinda retired.

Anyways, unless San Diego offers Rivers in a trade, Tennessee NEEDS to take this trade. Other than Winston and Mariota, there really isn't another good QB in this draft. They should just wait for next year's draft. With guys like Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg & Conner Cook, they'll have better choices next year. Try Mettenberger this year and if that doesn't work, get one of those three in the draft, next year.

The Browns offer is pretty cheap. Given the precedent for top pick trades, you'd want an RG3 or Julio Jones type haul for the 2 spot that could yield a franchise QB. 2 mid-first rounders in a meh draft would be a pretty bad return, especially given Cleveland's first next year is probably higher than 19.

• Like 2