The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Seeing as they're so desperate to keep the United match as the final match at Upton Park they need somewhere to play... is Brisbane Road available? :shifty:

Rumours are that LVG is getting a £5 million pay-off for his early termination.

17 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Seeing as they're so desperate to keep the United match as the final match at Upton Park they need somewhere to play... is Brisbane Road available? :shifty:

Rumours are that LVG is getting a £5 million pay-off for his early termination.

Are you trying to wind me up?

• Like 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-news-dressing-room-meltdown-a7042316.html

And while Rashford is regarded as a huge positive of Van Gaal’s spell in charge, with the 18-year-old viewed as a grounded character and a "good kid," the story of one player asking the club chef to cook him two hard-boiled eggs to take home as he did not know how to boil them himself underlines the sense within the squad that too much is now done for the younger element of the team.

What on oeuf 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, MDK said:

United with Jose? Its like they are doubling down with reasons to hate them. 

For real, my dislike born from the 90s and early 00s was dying and mainly only aimed at Rooney these days, after our second game this season I even thought I might actually like them. This is like when you think a villain in a show might finally turn to the good side, only for them to decide they'd rather commit hamster genocide or something.

Totally similar things.

• Like 1

Don't know about that story but there's been numerous reports from people close to the club saying there is no discipline there whatsoever. Further backed up by Lingard being a prat with that video at West Ham. Strange, considering LVG was supposed to be a bit of a task master.

Don't know if Jose will instill much more by the way of discipline mind. Always enjoyed having Mourinho around the Premier League anyway (always hilarious to watch him lose) and you can't really doubt his record. Will be a fun summer at least.

Seeing yet more comments about LVG's youth policy. On Saturday, this extended to Marcus Rashford, with Lingard on the bench. No sign of the wealth of talent he has supposedly brought through. All forgotten about as soon as the senior players got fit.

If the United squad are dicking about without any discipline then Jose is unlikely to have any of it. Once players earn his trust he will give them all the rope in the world, but until they do that he's pretty strict.

Van Gaal accepted the advice and acted upon it by instead sending emails to players with clips and notes attached.

The majority of the players would not open the emails, however, knowing that inside lay a raft of criticisms, prompting a tracker to be attached to reveal when the emails had been opened.

The players have since begun to open the files on their phones, ignoring the contents, but ensuring that the email shows up as having been read.

Massively unprofessional by the players if true.

I find it odd that they've apparently sacked him for being a strict disciplinarian and hired an even stricter disciplinarian. A club whose most successful manager was the strictest disciplinarian of them all.

I had to laugh yesterday when Phil Neville was on Radio 5 pondering if Mourinho would be able to cope with managing 'a massive, commercial club with lots of requirements from sponsors etc.' like Mourinho didn't manage Real Madrid and Chelsea, Inter and Porto are tin-pot clubs from little towns.

• Like 1

Mourinho to United is such a weird thing though, not the move itself, but how he's basically been appointed long before Van Gaal has even been sacked.

As confusing as his move to Real Madrid from Inter, he was celebrating the Champions League final as if he had already left even though he hadn't.

I'm not sure he's the best appointment to make, tbh. But the idea of Ryan Giggs being LVG's replacement is clearly dead in the water (not that it seemed likely United would risk an inexperienced manager after getting burned by the Moyes experiment) and it's probably for the best that Giggs goes elsewhere and gets some managerial experience.

It seems like Mourhino is being brought in because of his record of being able to get stuff done in a short space of time and also he's probably the best coach available right now. But it strikes me that there are deeper issues with United than who the manager is.

I mean, it will probably still work out but it strikes me as maybe a bit of papering over the cracks?

Personally I think they've blown their chance at Giggs, I feel he'd have been a great replacement for SAF because even though he wouldn't have been a great manager, he'd have been a good motivator to squeeze a decent effort out of the squad they had. He knew the club back to front and knew everyone there so he in theory should have been able to do better than Moyes, maybe even way better than Moyes with a solid scouting network.

By the time Giggs theoretically comes back, the entire United locker room that he shared will have left or retired and he'd basically have to start from scratch, trying to rebuild a mentality that not only isn't there any more and features none of the players who used to share that mentality. So unless he comes back an absolute tactical genius his United legend status will be useless.

• Like 1

Dan Roan is just awful.

Spending his day tweeting how disgraceful the club's communications etc have been in letting it get leaked.

Lest we forget, he was the journalist who chose to go public with the information an hour after the Cup Final.

• Like 1