The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Kaney and Mrs. Kaney on the birth of their baby boy, Alexis Mezut Kaney, born on 10th July 2016, weighing 8lbs 2oz.

• Like 9

Ugh, Kane scores an absolute clanger of an own goal to put us behind. Montero has been excellent against Walker. We look good in patches, but it's not totally clicked yet: need more from Chadli, Lamela and Kane in this game. We really miss Son, just for someone to give us more pass and energy, I'd like to see Clinton on sooner rather than later. Also, we really do miss an alternative for Kane, it's just not happening for him yet. 

Shame Martial didn't stick that away - he's been the only one half decent for us today.

Arsenal have been great, but we haven't half let them play. G Nev picking out Schweinsteiger as the problem is only half right. Memphis is a lazy twat today for some reason and Rooney isn't in the game at all.

One of "those" games. Happens to everyone once in a while so I can't complain too much. Wish LVG had the balls to hook Rooney though.

Badly needed Martial to put that one away to give us any kind of chance. Arsenal are sitting in now with 8 or 9 behind the ball whenever we have possession so it's almost impossible to break them down. Doesn't help when Rooney is there attempting his intricate passes, or trying to lob Cech from 25 yards when he's on his line.

Just hope this doesn't end up 5 or 6 now. Fair play though, Arsenal have been great, Sanchez in particular.

You can't break Arsenal down because every time you advance into the final third, the entire team slows down to a crawl and starts standing still and passing backwards. Your only outlet with any incisiveness is Mata to Martial and it's easy to shut that route down.

I don't get why Herrara suddenly disappears from the first team. I think a midfield of him, schneiderlin and either Carrick or schweinsteiger would have been able to get a grip on that midfield faster. Hopefully Van Gaal learns from this and doesn't try and start Carrick and Schweinsteiger together in the centre, reminded me of the time when Fergie would play Giggs and Scholes together and see them get dominated.

• Like 1