The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

And our £600,000 left back plays two City players onside for the equaliser.

Should of signed Ashley Cole :shifty:

Now he's been subbed off at half time and isn't going to come back and bite in the ass, Sterling is absolute shit, he's got one idea, run really fast. Ask him to do anything else and he's clueless.

We're probably not winning the league this year.

• Like 2

Now he's been subbed off at half time and isn't going to come back and bite in the ass, Sterling is absolute shit, he's got one idea, run really fast. Ask him to do anything else and he's clueless.

We're probably not winning the league this year.

Next year is our year.

It feels like watching Brazil.

In the semi final, right? :crying:

Exactly.

But really, the team played some excellent football in the first 45 minutes. Then it all went to hell with the second goal, after that we had 10 super off minutes leading to a 5 goal difference. But I still have *some* belief that this team is going to be good. I fear for no Mbabu against Norwich though.

My concern is if this team has so much talent, why are they losing? And so then I have look at the manager.

I have no faith in McLaren and didn't when he was appointed. It was uninspired and continues to appear so over the beginning of the season. Even if we are playing 'good' football the manager is at fault if we aren't winning. There is something he isn't doing that needs to be done. A genuinely good manager would have figured out whatever that is.

My concern is if this team has so much talent, why are they losing? And so then I have look at the manager.

I have no faith in McLaren and didn't when he was appointed. It was uninspired and continues to appear so over the beginning of the season. Even if we are playing 'good' football the manager is at fault if we aren't winning. There is something he isn't doing that needs to be done. A genuinely good manager would have figured out whatever that is.

He figures it out, but a bit slowier. I mean, he figured that Ayoze should be starting, that we should play in a 4-4-2, took Haidara out. It's just that we had a really, really tough schedule in these first few games. Norwich, Stoke, Bournemouth, Sunderland and Leicester at home being our next five games will serve as proof of McClaren's work to see if he's really making the team better.

Yeah, he needs to sign a replacement for Colo, a new left back and some back up for Janmaat. A defensive midfielder that is stronger than Anita, more mobile than Colback and gives more of a shit than Tiote should also be on the shopping list.

We are improving (not difficult I know) but there is plenty to build on out of the Chelsea game and the first half of this one.

Anita should be starting, that's for sure. Provides some very neat distribution and works really hard on defense. Sissoko needs to be on the center, he's just not working playing as a RW right now. And Mbabu is our starting left-back. What a man.

Edited by Rafael

Only just started watching, that was surely a penalty on Falcao?

Replays show that he started to go down before the keeper touched him, which begs the question, why not just wait until the contact happens and you'll get the penalty?

Was never a penalty, he was basically horizontal when his knees brushed the keeper.

Lee Dixon on my stream was absolutely desperate to blame Cahill for Southampton's second, when he realised it was Terry who had fucked up he sounded like he was about to burst into tears.

• Like 2