The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

2 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Just because we've got to hire all the same people for a second time, apparently.

RAFA  (back) IN!!!!!!

Jose being sacked makes me think of of three things 1) A lot of managers only have limited shelf lives at clubs anyway because there is only so much you can do. The Fergusons and Wengers of this world are increasing the exceptions rather than the rule. 2) Mourhino doesn't have a clue how to lose football matches and 3) retaining the Premier League title is really really hard (in some cases, coming second damn near kills you) and probably burns players out.

I was enjoying Jose Mourinho's descent into madness, although I think he was desperately begging to be sacked for the last couple of months. His ego is too huge to allow things to get any worse and let that be his legacy, he wanted to go earlier and throw around the argument that he wasn't given a chance to turn it around. Oh well, should be fun to see who comes in.

Yeh I'm glad we got Klopp when we did now thinking about it and seeing what has happened. 

If a new manager comes in and turns things around does it support the argument that Mourinho and his tactics weren't working or the argument that the Chelsea players were being pricks and not giving 100% under José. 

21 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

Talking of our former managers, 'Arry is available...

Even Chelsea aren't that desperate. Although I do think Niko Krancjar might do a decent job for them

• Like 2

• Admin

José Mourinho was sacked as the Chelsea manager on Thursday afternoon because of a “palpable discord with the players” according to the club’s technical director, Michael Emenalo.

Chelsea are expected to confirm on Friday that Hiddink will begin his second interim stint, having taken charge for three and a half months at the end of the 2008-09 season, when he achieved excellent results and won the FA Cup. He is expected to be at Saturday’s home game against Sunderland.

Obviously we like Hiddink. He only lost once in 23 games when he was last here...but then he also had Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Drogba, etc. basically in their prime, so there's that. There's also his Turkish/Dutch record post-Chelsea, although I'm always reluctant to draw serious parallels between any manager's club and international records (and Anzhi was just a mad house).

But at this stage all we can realistically ask for is someone who can do enough to avoid relegation, and I have to think he can achieve that. Plus even though there will be significant fan grumpiness over the departure of Mourinho (I won't even dare to guess how many times his name will be sung this weekend), at least with Hiddink there should be enough latent fondness/respect to protect him from becoming a target for such unhappiness.

7 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

José Mourinho was sacked as the Chelsea manager on Thursday afternoon because of a “palpable discord with the players” according to the club’s technical director, Michael Emenalo.

Chelsea are expected to confirm on Friday that Hiddink will begin his second interim stint, having taken charge for three and a half months at the end of the 2008-09 season, when he achieved excellent results and won the FA Cup. He is expected to be at Saturday’s home game against Sunderland.

As much as people might want to say "they're millionaires, they should do their job", we all know that's horseshit. It is very hard to motivate yourself for a boss who never admits fault and constantly blames everyone around him and takes all the credit when things are going right. Mourinho is a fantastic tactical manager, but he has proven more than once to be a horrible man manager. I suspect we're about to see a major boost from Chelsea regardless of who comes in.

Relevant:

CCA9FMpWAAESH2i.jpg