The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

1 minute ago, David Marrio said:

Why should I chill out if you're going to try and make a personal attack on me? 

Stop taking everything so serious. I'm off back to Reddit anyway, knew their was a reason I stopped posting on here. Too many thin-skinned posters on here...

• Like 1

Shouldn't have been a red. Was a coming together, so I also don't think it was a penalty. There can be neither given.

Gazz had it right though - if it wasn't Vardy, the non-Leicester response would have been different.

7 minutes ago, MDK said:

Its weird to actually see a player sent off for diving

I know it was a second yellow, but I'm struggling to recall anyone ever getting their second yellow for that. Absolutely correct decision though. I'm on the Leicester bandwagon, but I'm a bigger fan of the rules of association football. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Just now, Dan said:

Stop taking everything so serious. I'm off back to Reddit anyway, knew their was a reason I stopped posting on here. Too many thin-skinned posters on here...

All I did was call you out on you trying to call me a cunt or a chav or both. 
All i pointed out was that I've never said anything personal about you.

If you call that thin-skinned then you need to give your head a wobble. See ya later though. Nice knowing you. 

Just now, GA! said:

I know it was a second yellow, but I'm struggling to recall anyone ever getting their second yellow for that. Absolutely correct decision though. I'm on the Leicester bandwagon, but I'm a bigger fan of the rules of association football. :ph34r:

I'm sure I've seen someone getting a second yellow for diving but I can't remember who what or where. Brave call from the ref tho.

1 minute ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

Shouldn't have been a red. Was a coming together, so I also don't think it was a penalty. There can be neither given.

Gazz had it right though - if it wasn't Vardy, the non-Leicester response would have been different.

He threw himself forward trying to win a pen.

If it was Ashley Young or Rooney I'm sure the reaction would have been similar.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

All I did was call you out on you trying to call me a cunt or a chav or both. 
All i pointed out was that I've never said anything personal about you.

If you call that thin-skinned then you need to give your head a wobble. See ya later though. Nice knowing you. 

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

He threw himself forward trying to win a pen.

If it was Ashley Young or Rooney I'm sure the reaction would have been similar.

As Gazz said, there was a tangle of legs. Arguably, the defender caught Vardy without touching the ball, so you could easily make an argument for a penalty. He looked for the contact, but the contact was there - it isn't a million miles different from players dragging their feet when goalies dive out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

It was a coming together because Vardy stepped in front of Ogbonna so there was always going to be a coming together. He tried to con the ref, win a pen and got a yellow. And if that was literally any other player (apart from a Liverpool player because I'd be biased) then I'd be saying that was a dive and a yellow card. 

Ashley Young had a run of doing it and everyone was having a go at him for diving. 

It has nothing to do with it being Vardy or Leicester. 

Just now, David Marrio said:

It was a coming together because Vardy stepped in front of Ogbonna so there was always going to be a coming together. He tried to con the ref, win a pen and got a yellow. And if that was literally any other player (apart from a Liverpool player because I'd be biased) then I'd be saying that was a dive and a yellow card. 

Ashley Young had a run of doing it and everyone was having a go at him for diving. 

It has nothing to do with it being Vardy or Leicester. 

He did what a majority of players do to get freekicks and penalties. If the player is coming in, and you get in between them and the ball, it is they who has to make sure they don't make contact with you. I'm a defender, and that is basic 101.