The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

Well that match was whacky tabacky. I think that's the first time I've seen someone sent off for faking a dive. I see fake dives like two dozen times every match but the first time someone was carded for it.

Not sure we deserved the penalty at the end, though, so I guess it evened out? I had accepted defeat so squeezing a point out of that really makes my day.

Bloody glory hunter >_>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Oh, I'm not doubting that it was a foul, I'm just saying that Robert Huth feeling aggrieved about being manhandled is the most hypocritical thing imaginable. 

I think Sky called it right in the post match, the ref has warned Leicester's defense at least twice for worse offenses before giving the pen, so I think he's right not to give Huth one on the first offense (if he even sees it).

Definite booking for Vardy, he's not putting himself between man and ball, he leaves the ball behind to run into the defender to try to win a foul. And I like Vardy and Leicester, so that's not a 'lol, cunt'.

Very harsh last minute pen.

• Like 1

I mean, as well as being a racist, screaming in the ref's face doesn't exactly make Vardy an endearing figure. Hence, lol cunt. 

Also, based on this weekend's performances, I can see one of Newcastle/Sunderland sneaking out of the drop zone, and Norwich going down. They looked awful yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

The ref set out his stall though. Once he has decided the West Ham one was a pen, the Ogbonna one is as well.

Eh Leicester had two warnings for manhandling. West Ham none. 

What's a 'fake dive'? Having not seen the game, I'm trying to understand from Meac's post if he thinks Vardy deserved to be sent off or not, but I can't decide if a 'fake dive' is where you don't dive but it gets called as one, or where you do dive as we would call it in England i.e. trying to buy a foul.