The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

He missed a blatant one where Ogbonna was trying to RKO Huth during a corner and then gave one for Carroll gently nudging Schlupp a minute later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cymbols said:

How many times this season has Huth thrown players to the floor by the neck? Ogbonna should've RKO'd him twice. 

The ref set out his stall though. Once he has decided the West Ham one was a pen, the Ogbonna one is as well.

I'm glad that Liverpool team won. All the inexperienced players did well to varying degrees.

Probably could've scored more really.

Refs should set the stall all season. It doesn't really make sense that when it's a corner, you can hold an opponent's shirt or body and wrestle them to the floor. If they started enforcing it, there would be seven penalties a game for about two weeks and then it would stop.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

The ref set out his stall though. Once he has decided the West Ham one was a pen, the Ogbonna one is as well.

Oh, I'm not doubting that it was a foul, I'm just saying that Robert Huth feeling aggrieved about being manhandled is the most hypocritical thing imaginable. 

Just now, TLHobo said:

I'm glad that Liverpool team won. All the inexperienced players did well to varying degrees.

Probably could've scored more really.

Looked a bit nervy in the final 15 minutes but as you said considering the amount of changes we made and some of the inexperience of some of the players it was a good result.

In terms of the West Ham/Leicester game In a nutshell, both teams should have had pens that weren't given but got given pens that you could argue shouldn't have been given. Ref did himself no favors though. 

5 minutes ago, Chad Gazzable said:

Refs should set the stall all season. It doesn't really make sense that when it's a corner, you can hold an opponent's shirt or body and wrestle them to the floor. If they started enforcing it, there would be seven penalties a game for about two weeks and then it would stop.

There's a solution to this, and I'm not being sarcastic here: get rid of penalties unless it's for a shoot-out. That way there is not the incentive to immediately go down to the ground compared to a free kick. I'm tired how, in football, the rules seemingly change the moment you enter the area to, essentially, the feeling and size of the balls of the referee.

• Like 1

Well that match was whacky tabacky. I think that's the first time I've seen someone sent off for faking a dive. I see fake dives like two dozen times every match but the first time someone was carded for it.

Not sure we deserved the penalty at the end, though, so I guess it evened out? I had accepted defeat so squeezing a point out of that really makes my day.

• Like 1