The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

18 hours ago, Whisper said:

Using our academy graduates extends to what though at this point? Marcus Rashford?

Danny Drinkwater, Danny Simpson, Gerard Pique and Paul Pogba have all been fantastic this season...

• Like 6

Injuries (Costa, Ivanovic, Courtois?) and suspensions (Terry) mean a number of changes to Chelsea's team playing Liverpool tonight...

Traore starts up front! :D

Mikel starts in central defence again. :angry:

Honestly, the only interest I have in this match is seeing any of the academy players on the bench (Abraham and Palmer in particular) getting some minutes. Seems unlikely knowing Guus.

Chelsea: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Mikel, Cahill (c), Baba Rahman; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traore
Subs: Amelia, Tomori, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek, Palmer, Pato, Abraham.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner (c), Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.
Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Benteke.

Walking towards Anfield. See we've got the same team that played against Villarreal. Saw Chelsea's team  

I expect us to be the better team over 90 minutes but to lose or draw. 

Pedro becomes the EIGHTH player in the current Chelsea squad to have to wear a protective face mask after having broken his nose 'at home'.

Lord knows what he was doing...

And since I seem to be finding all the random Chelsea news at the moment:

Chelsea have prematurely ended their deal with Adidas six years early (paying Adidas a 50 million euro payoff to do so), so after the 2016/17 season some other company will make the Blues' kits for the first time since 2005.

Given the massive cost of this move, one assumes that Chelsea are doing this because they feel they can get a substantially more lucrative (per year) deal from a different manufacturer...or they just saw next season's pyjama-kit and recoiled in horror. :shifty:

• Like 2

Vardy, Kane, Sturridge and Defoe? I'd be happy with them as the four striking options. 

3 minutes ago, brenchill said:

There's no way Rooney doesn't go, and start every game.

Walcott on the wing?

Jack Wilshere's played eight minutes of football without breaking anything, get him on that plane.

• Like 4