The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

Delighted about Poch, obviously. Important to note that he's now the Manager, rather than the Head Coach. Was always on the cards I suppose - with Baldini gone it's now Poch and Paul Mitchell now solely responsible for recruitment. 

Oh wow, you guys are fucked. My cousin knows nothing nor cares about football.

Supposedly there was going to be a farewell tribute to John Terry at Chelsea's Player of the Year award ceremony tonight (spoilers: Willian wins) but it's now been cancelled. If true, this surely has to be a good sign re: possible contract renewals...

TIL:

If Liverpool beat West Brom (I think by two goals or 2-1)

West Ham lose 1-0 to Stoke

And Southamapton fail to beat Palace

And Liverpool don't win the Europa League

And United with the FA Cup

Then it could end up that West Ham and Liverpool would be tied for 7th and have to have a play off at a neutral venue to see who gets the Europa League spot.

Either way a in theory there could be a 39th game because there's a chance Liverpool and West Ham could tie for the 7th place European spot.

The cynic in me wonders whether the club might be offering him an obviously-unacceptable contract just ao that they can try and blame JT when he rejects it.

But I hope not.

5 hours ago, Freelance Hobo said:

TIL:

If Liverpool beat West Brom (I think by two goals or 2-1)

West Ham lose 1-0 to Stoke

And Southamapton fail to beat Palace

And Liverpool don't win the Europa League

And United with the FA Cup

Then it could end up that West Ham and Liverpool would be tied for 7th and have to have a play off at a neutral venue to see who gets the Europa League spot.

Either way a in theory there could be a 39th game because there's a chance Liverpool and West Ham could tie for the 7th place European spot.

Wouldn't United winning the FA Cup invalidate this possibility? Sixth is already getting a Europa spot due to City's League Cup win, so if they tie for 6th but United win the FA Cup they'll both qualify as best alternative options won't they?

... I think so.  I didn't include that in my original post but then I edited it in because I thought I read that it did include the Cup. These things are confusing....

Either way I hope it doesn't have to happen.