The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Also, Joe Gomez was amazing tonight. He's 18 and not playing in his preferred position but he's looked like he just belongs there.

Second consecutive game that Liverpool should have lost 1-0.

Could argue we should have had a pen for Gabriel bearhugging Benteke in the box. 

Was arguing that both Arsenal and Bournemouth had goals incorrectly disallowed. But hey these things tend to equal out over 38 games.

We hit the woodwork 2/3 times if we are using the if shots that hit the woodwork counted as goals method :P 

I think he's using the "if the rules had been correctly applied" method.

• Like 2

Yeah but Arsenal are only on in the BT Sport Newcastle spot.

Without looking up, Newcastle actually have a great record on BT Sport. I go to the same pub to watch all the 12:45 games and I've yet to see a loss there. I think I've missed one game which was a loss, but whenever I do go to the pub at that time, I've witnessed 0 losses. That includes two Chelsea wins and a Man Utd win at Old Trafford!

ARSENAL TEAM NEWS - OZIL MISSES OUT

Team to play Newcatle: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanchez, Walcott

Subs: Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Giroud, Ospina, Chambers, Campbell

NEWCASTLE TEAM NEWS

Team to play Arsenal: Krul, Janmaat, Mbemba, Coloccini, Haidara, Colback, Anita, Thauvin, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Mitrovic

Subs: Cisse, De Jong, Obertan, Perez, Tiote, Darlow, Taylor

Very happy that Koscielny is back in the side.

Interesting call with Walcott in over Giroud. Happy with that lineup, plenty of pace and with Ozil's injury I'd expect Ramsey and Cazorla to both play centrally.

Newcastle United XI: Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini, Mbemba, Haidara, Anita, Colback, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Thauvin, Mitrovic

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Sanchez, Walcott

I love that team! Exactly how I would've line-up from the start. Hopefully Thauvin impresses and it's another positive result.

Also, Mbemba rocked up in a tuxedo again and Thauvin was wearing one too, should be a new trend!