The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

At the risk of going full Hughes, a glance at the yellow card count says completely otherwise. His inconsistency was horrendous, Anita booked for a single nothing foul (which Marriner claimed was his third or fourth) and when he finally found the balls to book a delicate Arsenal flower he then still decided to inexplicably book Wijnaldum for having the nerve to appeal it. I've not seen the red again but it Is one of those that's hard to spot on the field so will get the crowd against him, but his sheer inconsistency after that was pathetic.

Just gutting really, we were rarely threatened up to a few saves and a deflection got lucky, we deserved at least a point.

The lack of goals is slightly worrying. We need a striker.

Newcastle fans' treatment of the referee is baffling, he basically got every decision right bar not awarding us a penalty.

Coloccini's and Wijnaldum's yellow cards. Top, top decisions.

At the risk of going full Hughes, a glance at the yellow card count says completely otherwise. His inconsistency was horrendous, Anita booked for a single nothing foul (which Marriner claimed was his third or fourth) and when he finally found the balls to book a delicate Arsenal flower he then still decided to inexplicably book Wijnaldum for having the nerve to appeal it. I've not seen the red again but it Is one of those that's hard to spot on the field so will get the crowd against him, but his sheer inconsistency after that was pathetic.

Just gutting really, we were rarely threatened up to a few saves and a deflection got lucky, we deserved at least a point.

To be fair, Anita had made a couple of fouls before his booking. Mitrovic was definitely a straight red too. Colo and Wijnaldum were harsh though. The leftback for Newcastle is pretty shit mind.

Newcastle fans' treatment of the referee is baffling, he basically got every decision right bar not awarding us a penalty.

He booked Colo for what I can only assume was lightly brushing Coquelin with his afro. It's like he saw them jump, saw nothing wrong, let play continue since he never signalled nor was there an advantage, looked around again, saw Coquelin was rolling around like a twat and thought 'Oh, he must have fouled him'.

• Like 2

He booked Colo for what I can only assume was lightly brushing Coquelin with his afro. It's like he saw them jump, saw nothing wrong, let play continue since he never signalled nor was there an advantage, looked around again, saw Coquelin was rolling around like a twat and thought 'Oh, he must have fouled him'.

That was bizarre. He gave a throw in, then thought to himself 'there must be a Newcastle foul somewhere', then pulled a yellow and decided on a free kick. I think he must have remembered it was a tv game.

Oh, and to add to the experience today is the first time I've ever heard anti-Semitic abuse at SJP, so thanks for that Arsenal.

Oh, and to add to the experience today is the first time I've ever heard anti-Semitic abuse at SJP, so thanks for that Arsenal.

o_O What? 

Tottenham ain't it. 

We are 1-0 down. Sounds like going on a day trip with the missus is a good idea.