The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

My dad's a Palace fan and won't stop shouting 'EAGLES!' at me every time I walk past. Currently locked in my room with a barricaded door.

Chelsea have been half asleep since the season started. Need to wake up soon. Pleased that Falcao scored mind, he needed it.

• Like 3

Can't complain with a draw away from home especially given our first two games, Cattermole is a liability (shock horror)  Toivonen looked okay on his debut. M'Villa is our best midfielder by a country mile and scored an absolute beauty of a free kick. We can score goals but our defence is rubbish.

Edited by FrostyPickle_3:16

How did we not win that? Had so many good chances, so yeah no wins in 4, not really very good. Also now think Lamela's off. Makes no sense to not bring him on, as we had a sub left and we should've been positive to try and win the game. Looking forward to N'Jie and Son, we really need some pace in this team. I think our poor transfer business has left us really lagging behind at the start of the season. Really disappointing even if there were quite a lot of positives today. 

Also thought the ref was really poor today. 

Edited by Jimmy

How did we not win that? Had so many good chances, so yeah no wins in 4, not really very good. Also now think Lamela's off. Makes no sense to not bring him on, as we had a sub left and we should've been positive to try and win the game. Looking forward to N'Jie and Son, we really need some pace in this team. I think our poor transfer business has left us really lagging behind at the start of the season. Really disappointing even if there were quite a lot of positives today. 

Also thought the ref was really poor today. 

Chin up, you've got us next...

• Like 1

Only positive today is Chelsea got beat. 

Coincidently Lovren having a shocker would come the day after Rodgers says we are seeing a new Dejan Lovren. 

He is the epitome of a confidence player. If he makes a mistake or fucks up somehow his head seems to go easy. I really hope Sakho plays against United.  

Only positive today is Chelsea got beat. 

Coincidently Lovren having a shocker would come the day after Rodgers says we are seeing a new Dejan Lovren. 

He is the epitome of a confidence player. If he makes a mistake or fucks up somehow his head seems to go easy. I really hope Sakho plays against United.  

You say that as if Sakho isn't gonna hand in a transfer request by Tuesday. And I honestly couldn't blame him. Deserves so much fucking better than this shit.

Iheanacho makes his senior debut for City, immediately gets right in the face of Behrami. I think he's gonna do just fine as our youth graduates go.

Yeah he'll make a fine signing for a Championship or continental Europe team in a few years when City sign another player for £50mil! Great body for a homegrown spot on the bench in the Champions League too!

Bloody hell, people complain when they don't play, and they complain when they do play.

I was just making fun of 'as far as our youth graduates go' bit! I suppose when Michael Johnson was the previous golden child of that system it's only up from there! :P

It WAS Marcos Lopes, but he's swanned off to Monaco. :(

Honestly I think Iheanacho has the best chance of stepping up, never seen a youngster look so confident on the ball. Maffeo has a lot of potential at right back to take over from Zaba/Sagna when they retire, and Manu Garcia looks like a heir apparent to Silva. Hopefully the new Academy is starting to show some results. Our under-16s smashed Boro's under-16's 10-0 yesterday!

Does he really count as an academy product when he only joined you in 2014...?

Was that Coutinho red card a bit harsh? The tackle looked far worse than it was because Payet turned into him I think.

Second yellow, can't really see how the ref could do anything else.

Bloody hell, just seen Noble's, what's the ref thinking?

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly

Was that Coutinho red card a bit harsh? The tackle looked far worse than it was because Payet turned into him I think.

Second yellow, can't really see how the ref could do anything else.

Bloody hell, just seen Noble's, what's the ref thinking?

Yeah, that one was particularly awful refereeing. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Tim Sherwood is embarrassing to listen to. Can't put my finger on it, he's just so odd. 

• Like 2

The Ox is looking like such an important player for us this year. Giroud should have started, no doubt at all he'd have scored at least one of the chances Walcott missed. Really need to start scoring.