Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

King Ellis

Well, the hype train for Fallout 4 has now been derailed...

Why you ask?

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN~!

CHOO CHOO! ONLY A YEAR AND A HALF AWAY!

Did they say anything about that game? To me it seemed a ton like an online multiplayer game. Very strange vibe with all the faceless persons and the literal map selection screen and the wacky "Andromeda" Title. I dunno if i already wrote this last night, to tired, to lazy to look back... but my first initial feeling was either something like Destiny as a third Person shooter.

I know it´s only a teaser trailer, who knows what might come next. But the feel of this has to have been designed with some purpose.

The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has already raised $1.86 million of the $2 million goal. I think we could be looking at a huge figure by the time this ends in 31 days.

I assume they will get some crazy strechgoal Numbers. I think the first one was 4 or 5 Million and than there are two more in the KS video that are not named yet. (each adding another city) But it just can´t go as crazy as Star Citizen (they are sitting at 84 Million and 910000 backers)

Edited by Herr Matzat

They confirmed that the guy in the trailer isn't the player character.

Andromeda is the next Galaxy that's closest to our Milky Way... Nothing wacky about it. It's a very logical title since it seems to be about exploring a new galaxy.

We will see. I need to see more to get Hyped.

Watching the part of the Sony presentation i missed now. Horizon looks Interesting.

Hitman also looks Epic. But i never managed to finish the last game so i´ll be chilled till this goes down to 10$ again. :D

Edited by Herr Matzat

I don't get it, if it only apparently costs $2m to make Shemue 3 then why didn't Sony or Microsoft just put the cash down for it to keep it an exclusive, that sounds remarkably cheap.

What sort of announcement is it to fund the development of a game ourselves?

Kickstarter engenders loyalty because even though what they're requesting "might not be much" it allows thousands upon thousands of people to put a couple bucks towards it. This in turn makes them feel obligated to purchase it when it does come out. Not to mention the Kickstarter has allowed it to stand out in a sea of Mass Effect: Andromeda, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Fallout 4, etc. Shenmue is a series that hasn't had a lot of cachet the last decade, and this is helping to give it just that.

So basically this is great, well-researched marketing.

After reviewing the conference.. it must feel real good to own a Vita these days, yeah?

Well, I've got more than my money's worth with my Vita, so anything else is a bonus now. I really wish Sony had put more effort into it, but at this stage, it's been on life support for a good couple of years. I used to watch Sony conferences in the forlorn hope that they might announce something for the Vita, but I've long since accepted that it isn't going to happen. It's a shame, but Sony appears to have drawn a line through it a long time ago.

I think Nintendo have long since cornered the hand held market. Until Sony gets an exclusive console seller in the vein of Pokémon, I doubt it'll ever be more than an after-thought. Pokémon X&Y sold nearly 14m, and I guarantee a damn good portion of people who bought it got a 3DS bought it almost exclusively for that (I know I certainly did).

It's even tougher now with the advent of smart phones too.

I know it happened yesterday, but a big yawn to Microsoft announcing backwards compatibility for Xbox 360. The reason you want backwards compatibility is at launch, when the launch titles aren't enough to satisfy gamers. Now we are a few years out from launch, Xbox One has a lot of content... it just doesn't do it for me. I just can't see myself going back to play 360 games when I've got a great line up of Xbox One games.

Nothing has really impressed me so far in the conference. There is a lot of cool indie games. Lets see what Nintendo brings.

• Like 1

The problem is that they announced backwards compatibility at the exact same time they announced the RARE collection, nullifying a good portion of the reasons to do backward compatibility.

Not that I'm complaining too much, I'm pretty tempted to pick up an Xbox One now and rack the bargain bin for Xbox 360 games that are compatible now. Especially considering that some places are selling the RARE collection for £18.

The problem is that they announced backwards compatibility at the exact same time they announced the RARE collection, nullifying a good portion of the reasons to do backward compatibility.

Not that I'm complaining too much, I'm pretty tempted to pick up an Xbox One now and rack the bargain bin for Xbox 360 games that are compatible now. Especially considering that some places are selling the RARE collection for £18.

Eh, only 6 games from the Rare Collection are from the 360. A Banjo game, 2 Viva Pinata games, Kameo, an arcade game and Perfect Dark Zero.

Hardly a good portion...

I'm just glad nothing really stood out as exclusive on either console that made me want to go out and pick it up right away (Halo 5 looks nice but fuck 343) . Half of it is probably me being much more cynical now than a few years ago but most of the exclusives are remakes or sequels and I struggle to get hyped for new IPs when we've had average shit hyped to the moon like watch_dogs, The Order, Knack etc.

All three Banjo games too, eh?

But I think the Rare collection will have the original and not the remastered versions so I'm still picking it up for sure.

Jetpac (1983)
Atic Atac (1983)
Lunar Jetman (1983)
Sabre Wulf (1984)
Underwurlde (1984)
Knight Lore (1984)
Gunfright (1986)
Slalom (1987)
R.C. Pro-Am (1988)
Cobra Triangle (1989)
Snake Rattle N Roll (1990)
Digger T. Rock (1990)