Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

King Ellis

Don't get me wrong; I thought there were some interesting games revealed by Nintendo, but overall, I think it was a step down from last year's showing. I think I was spoiled by Microsoft and Sony's conferences, but Nintendo didn't pull out anything hugely surprising, and certainly nothing that will do much to boost sales of the 3DS and Wii U. On the other hand, I'm glad they actually have a lineup of games coming out either this year or early next year, which is more than can be said for Sony. Even so, I'm wondering if we're looking at the winding down of the Wii U era in anticipation for whatever the NX ends up being, and I'd be a tad disappointed if that were the case.

Don't get me wrong; I thought there were some interesting games revealed by Nintendo, but overall, I think it was a step down from last year's showing. I think I was spoiled by Microsoft and Sony's conferences, but Nintendo didn't pull out anything hugely surprising, and certainly nothing that will do much to boost sales of the 3DS and Wii U. On the other hand, I'm glad they actually have a lineup of games coming out either this year or early next year, which is more than can be said for Sony. Even so, I'm wondering if we're looking at the winding down of the Wii U era in anticipation for whatever the NX ends up being, and I'd be a tad disappointed if that were the case.

I think they delivered strong last year and this year they simply wanted to deliver a plate full of games before whatever the fuck NX Is launches next year.

New Hitman is good, really loved Absolution but this sounds weird. Like, it doesn't even sound like it has a central story, rather that it's just some kind of series of isolated missions that people will compete in? Kinda like the leaderboards they had in Absolution.

• Like 1

New Hitman is good, really loved Absolution but this sounds weird. Like, it doesn't even sound like it has a central story, rather that it's just some kind of series of isolated missions that people will compete in? Kinda like the leaderboards they had in Absolution.

Yeah, that is concerning to me.

December 8th!

Yeah I don't think I ever played Hitman for its story to be honest. I'd take a decent cutscene explaining the targets and motivation followed by a huge setpiece with near endless ways to succeed and fail over levels limited by a story.