Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

King Ellis

For all you guys know it's going to be a near-exact remake but with graphical updates and extra dungeons just like every single other Final Fantasy remake they've done. I don't get why you're all jumping to the negative when you know nothing about it beyond it being made. Just enjoy the fact it's being made.

I'm honestly not all that bothered either way. I just know that the franchise has a vocal and divisive fanbase, meaning that there are always going to be a considerable number of people who won't like what they end up putting out. My point wasn't to pour scorn on the creation of a remake, but to underline the fact if it's good, fine, but if it's awful, it isn't going to erase the original from existence. I'm taking the "expect nothing and don't be disappointed" stance for the reason you point out - because I know very little about it, and I'm not going to feel strongly either way until I do.

For all you guys know it's going to be a near-exact remake but with graphical updates and extra dungeons just like every single other Final Fantasy remake they've done. I don't get why you're all jumping to the negative when you know nothing about it beyond it being made. Just enjoy the fact it's being made.

Because Square-Enix hasn't given me any hope for anything for a long time. I don't want to be a downer, that's why I'm approaching this as "Okay, I'll enjoy it for what it'll probably be". But I'm not about to give that company the benefit of the doubt, because they've spent years and years making a point of doing all the wrong things.

Not to mention my own expectations mean it'll be nearly impossible for it to live up to the hype. Which isn't really fair on Square, but it's a realistic view of what will probably bother me.

Edited by TKzo Amore
  • Like 2

For me it was because of the trailer; that teaser just seemed so poe faced and dark and gritty and that's not the FFVII I know and love.

And yeah, what TKz said. Squenix hasn't given me any reason to get hyped for something in, like, 10 years.

• Like 1

I think "cautious optimism" is the best approach to it. I mean, this has been teased and people have wanted this for probably close to a decade now. It's got the original FF7 director attached and everything!

• Like 1

Oh, I totally get that and I'm hoping the trailer (up until the gun-arm/Buster Sword reveal) was just to throw everyone off the scent.

Basically I'll believe it when I see it. I'll keep up to date with it's development and I'll probably buy it the minute it comes out because it's one of my favourite games of all time and I'm weak. But in these early, uncertain days I've got very, very little faith that it'll be done right.

• Like 2

I don't know if this was an E3 announcement, none of you have flipped your shit about it though, so I'm gonna post it here

LEGO Dimensions looks AWESOME

• Like 1

I don't know if this was an E3 announcement, none of you have flipped your shit about it though, so I'm gonna post it here

Arghhhh, I do not want to get into money pit games like this or Disney Infinity but goddamn that looks like it's gonna be a blast.

Arghhhh, I do not want to get into money pit games like this or Disney Infinity but goddamn that looks like it's gonna be a blast.

Before I watched the video, I thought "Yea, I like Portal and Portal 2, but too many of them will water it down. LEGO is already getting kinda played out, and do we really need ANOTHER thing like the Amiibo where you need to buy extra stuff to full get the effect?"

Then I watched the video..

PrKg8.gif

• Like 1

And that trailer only shows a few of the franchises involved. Back to the Future was already revealed, but Wiki says Jurassic Park, Dr. Who, Wizard of Oz and more Lego centric play sets and packs are coming too.

Bioware updated their blog, saying the character in the ME:Andromeda trailer is NOT the player character