2015 NFL Season

Dan

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Look up their TD to INT ratios. Sanchez scares me. He's got `ball holder for field goals and extra points' written all over him.

Brett FAvre has a 5% TD ratio and a 3.3% INT ratio...Tebow has 4.7 and 2.5...so by your thought, Tebow is a better QB then Brett Favre?

No. I'm saying when Sanchez has almost as many career interceptions as he does touchdowns, how the hell does he still have a job as anything but a clipboard holder or ball holder for field goals and extra points?

I'm not saying Tebow should still be in the NFL so much as I'm saying Sanchez shouldn't be in the NFL, either.

Edited by GhostMachine

17 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

No. I'm saying when Sanchez has almost as many career interceptions as he does touchdowns, how the hell does he still have a job as anything but a clipboard holder or ball holder for field goals and extra points?

I'm not saying Tebow should still be in the NFL so much as I'm saying Sanchez shouldn't be in the NFL, either.

Sanchez ratio is almost 1:1..so?  You wanna know who else has almost as many INTs as TDs?

Troy Aikman.  165TDs 141INTs

Vinny Testaverde 275TDs 267INTs

Ken Stabler 194TDs 222INTs

Terry BRadshaw 212TDs 210INTs

Seriously, how did those guys EVER have a job when they throw that many picks?

Interceptions are a very misleading stat without having the eyeball test to back you up. Was a receiver near the ball? Did the receiver run the wrong route? Was it equally contested and the defensive player won the battle of wills? Was it tipped at the line? Or did the QB not read the defense, see the defender, or throw it poorly?

We have advanced metrics that help somewhat with this, but really the TD:INT ratio is much more than a one-person stat.

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Sanchez ratio is almost 1:1..so?  You wanna know who else has almost as many INTs as TDs?

Troy Aikman.  165TDs 141INTs

Vinny Testaverde 275TDs 267INTs

Ken Stabler 194TDs 222INTs

Terry BRadshaw 212TDs 210INTs

Seriously, how did those guys EVER have a job when they throw that many picks?

To be fair, none of those guys played under the modern passing game rules, where far fewer interceptions are thrown. 1:1 now isn't the same as it was then.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mr. Cool Strong DMN said:

To be fair, none of those guys played under the modern passing game rules, where far fewer interceptions are thrown. 1:1 now isn't the same as it was then.

This. Up until the early 2000s, you could basically assault receivers in the field of play. There have been eight 5,000-yard-plus passing seasons in NFL history, seven have been since 2008. There have 137 4,000-yard seasons in NFL history, with all but 17 since 1990. It was a different game, even 20 years ago. Brett Favre's TD/INT ratio is 1.5/1. Say what you will about Mark Sanchez, but he won four playoff games on the road in his first two seasons.

Browns plan to fire Head Coach Mike Pettine and GM Ray Farmer, as early as Sunday Night

This obviously is a response to Chip Kelly being available and the Browns made a big push for him in 2013 when he left Oregon. The Browns may be the only team desperate enough to give Kelly both titles. The next Browns head coach will be their ninth since they returned to the NFL (only one interim) and fifth in eight seasons.

I'd imagine if he had a choice of both he'd go with Tennessee with Mariota and what will at the very least be the #2 overall pick.

God help any team that makes him a GM after the personnel moves he made in Philly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

Browns plan to fire Head Coach Mike Pettine and GM Ray Farmer, as early as Sunday Night

This obviously is a response to Chip Kelly being available and the Browns made a big push for him in 2013 when he left Oregon. The Browns may be the only team desperate enough to give Kelly both titles. The next Browns head coach will be their ninth since they returned to the NFL (only one interim) and fifth in eight seasons.

Jesus, haven't the Browns suffered enough? >_>

Coming into today and I genuinely feel that this might be the last game Tom Coughlin coaches for the Giants (although that could've been said the past three years...). He's had a great run but we've gone backwards the past couple of years with no significant sign of improvement really. I'm hoping Sean Payton finds a pink slip this Monday and makes his way over to the Meadowlands.

Josh Freeman, who wasn't even in the league until about a week ago, is starting for the Colts today.  I really want all that ridiculous stuff to happen that they need to make the playoffs.

• Like 1