2015 NFL Season

Dan

• Admin

NEW YORK -- The National Football League will expand Thursday Night Football in 2016 and 2017, continuing its partnership with CBS while also adding NBC as a partner, it was announced today by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Leslie Moonves, President and CEO, CBS Corp., and Steve Burke, CEO, NBC Universal.

Both CBS and NBC will broadcast five Thursday Night Football games, growing the package to 10 broadcast games in 2016 and 2017 from eight in 2014 and 2015. All Thursday Night Football broadcast games will continue to be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also exclusively televise an eight-game schedule of regular season games comprised of Thursday Night Football, late-season games on Saturday, and additional games to be determined.

Both CBS and NBC will produce Thursday Night Football with their lead broadcasters and production teams, and both will contribute to the production of Thursday Night Football exclusively on NFL Network. CBS and NFL Network will televise the first half of the Thursday Night Football schedule with NBC and NFL Network televising the second half.

The NFL is in active discussions with prospective digital partners for OTT streaming rights to Thursday Night Football. A deal announcement is expected in the near future.

Ugh.  I really, really hate these Thursday games.  So many of them just end up being blowouts.  The one good thing is that NBC is taking a bunch of the Thursday night games from CBS.  Michaels and Collinsworth are far better than Nantz and Simms.

Also I loved Justin Tuck.  I retired my Tiki Barber home jersey on account of him becoming a massive asshole, bought a Tuck jersey after SB42 and haven't looked back even after he left the team.  Great player and a class act all around.  I expect the Giants will induct him into their ring of honor before too long.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

...the Chargers? lol you indeed!

And so long, Justin Tuck. Another ND-alum. Darn good career. Two Super Bowl wins, if I'm remembering correctly.

2 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Tuck is the perfect example of why you need two strong defensive ends.  For nearly a decade, the Giants' d-line had two people that you had to accommodate for.

It's a blow to the Raiders' pass rush, but, with the continued evolution of Khalil Mack, and the return of Aldon Smith, they should still be able to get after some people. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Busch Lesnar said:

Ugh.  I really, really hate these Thursday games.  So many of them just end up being blowouts.  The one good thing is that NBC is taking a bunch of the Thursday night games from CBS.  Michaels and Collinsworth are far better than Nantz and Simms.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like more games, just the same 16 games but more of them on broadcast channels. Hopefully they coordinate Thursday games with bye weeks the week before as much as they can. 

18 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Tuck is the perfect example of why you need two strong defensive ends.  For nearly a decade, the Giants' d-line had two people that you had to accommodate for.

Thing was the Giants had 3 in '07. Justin Tuck would line up inside on passing downs and cause mayhem with Osi on one side and Strahan on the other. That's not even counting Fred Robbins. 

That was an absolutely monstrous d-line and Tom Terrific can thank them for not being 19-0! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TCO said:

Thing was the Giants had 3 in '07. Justin Tuck would line up inside on passing downs and cause mayhem with Osi on one side and Strahan on the other. That's not even counting Fred Robbins. 

That was an absolutely monstrous d-line and Tom Terrific can thank them for not being 19-0! :D

Oh man, I miss the Nascar package we used to run with them, it was definitely a thing of beauty when we could trot out all three on the same line. Looking back and now look at the D-Line we threw out their this year really leaves a bad taste. If Jerry Reese wants to save his job he's going to have to bring in atleast two pass rushers this off-season in order for us to even have a fighting chance next year.

• Like 4

I read an article a few years back that talked about the crazy amount of sex slave rings in the cities that host the Super Bowl every year. Made my stomach turn then and it does now. Not saying that he was busted with a sex slave, but just knowing that kind of stuff goes on makes me want to throw up.

9 minutes ago, damshow said:

I saw that story earlier. In the days of digital storage that man is practically sitting on gold. It's amazing that for a league so proud of its popularity being owed to TV it doesn't have a recording of one of its most important games.

Well its the same reason as why there aren't any copies of early movies, Doctor Who etc...back then, they didn't think it'd be worth anything. 

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Kap reportedly still wants out of San Francisco and would like to link up with the Jets.

I'm really not sure where he's coming from with this. The Jets are happy enough with Fitz (and reportedly want him back), so would he be happy competing with Geno for the backup spot? Alternatively, he can stay in SF where a HC who actually like and rates him will likely install him as the starter (assuming he doesn't drop any clangers in the off season) in an offense designed to maximise his particular skill set.

The Rams have to sign RG3 and have him become their franchise QB. Then the long con troll job can come come full circle!

Common misconception about Chips offence is that it's tailored specifically to a mobile QB. Sure it helps, but that offence is best run with a QB with good accuracy, quick release and footwork is also important. I'm seriously sceptical that Kaep can run it, he's mechanically a poor QB and his primary strengths are his legs and a big, if erratic arm. 

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1