NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

I am really really jealous of the Boston Celtics, because they have some of my most liked players in their core right now. Jae Crowder is always 'mah boy' since he was with the Mavericks, knowing we traded him away for that knobhead Rajon Rondo still pisses me off.

I also love Ish Thomas because anyone who is 5ft9* and can ball that well deserves to be praised.
Also Brad Stevens is the best under 45 coach in the league and it's not even up for debate, you got a team with literally no 'star' to speak off, and they're 13-9 and right there in playoff contention. Sure it might be the east, but with the team he has and the results he gets (like beating the Bulls...) he needs all the praise.

But at least I can be proud of the Mavericks, the team whiffed on all the big catches this off-season, have four players that had to come back from injuries (D-will, Parsons, Matthews, McGee), and yet Rick Carlisle just gets it done by turning Zaza Pachulia into a double-double player for the first time in his 12 year career...

45 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I am really really jealous of the Boston Celtics, because they have some of my most liked players in their core right now. Jae Crowder is always 'mah boy' since he was with the Mavericks, knowing we traded him away for that knobhead Rajon Rondo still pisses me off.

I also love Ish Thomas because anyone who is 5ft9* and can ball that well deserves to be praised.
Also Brad Stevens is the best under 45 coach in the league and it's not even up for debate, you got a team with literally no 'star' to speak off, and they're 13-9 and right there in playoff contention. Sure it might be the east, but with the team he has and the results he gets (like beating the Bulls...) he needs all the praise.

But at least I can be proud of the Mavericks, the team whiffed on all the big catches this off-season, have four players that had to come back from injuries (D-will, Parsons, Matthews, McGee), and yet Rick Carlisle just gets it done by turning Zaza Pachulia into a double-double player for the first time in his 12 year career...

Hey. Hey you. The east's been better this year.

Eh, the east has a lot of ok teams. And they all get to beat up on Philadelphia. I'd still take the Spurs over any Eastern team. Maybe the Clippers and Thunder too. Hell, Grizzlies vs Cavs is a tough call. Just because the 8th place team in the East is better than the 8th place team in the West doesn't make them the better conference.

• Like 2

Anyway the NBA is basically forcing the Sixers to bring Jerry Colangelo into their front office because they're tired of the Sixers tanking. Sam Hinkie still has a job and The Process is going to keep chugging along, but expect them to actually sign players to try and make the team better this offseason. Granted this season is a lost cause and they'll have the number 1 ball in the lottery and the best chance to land Ben Simmons.

12 hours ago, damshow said:

Rondo generally looks pretty terrible.

I for one am glad he fucked off in Dallas, on the other hand i'm pissed we wasted the likes of Crowder and Brandan Wright on such a cunt of a player.

Dallas and 'high profile' trades are cursed, we always overpay and we always end up getting some twat of a player in return that only hurts the team. First Odom, last year it was Rondo...

I hope he never gets close to success with the Kings, a twatty player on a team filled with twats, match made in heaven...

Rubio played his fucking heart out against NY. It was like watching him before all the injuries. It made me really sad seeing what he's capable of compared to how he's being used. I'm fucking sick of our team.

If we didn't have the worst rotations in the league perhaps we might not have. Fucking SMitch. We continue to ignore that every fucking metric says that Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Towns and X (where X is anyone but Kevin Martin) on the court together is money.

Perhaps one day we'll even try Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, Bjelica and Towns. You know the lineup that logically will be our starting 5 for the next few years but for some reason have never even tried. 

Yeah, was talking about that with some mates the other day and I wondered what the deal with not mixing Bjelica into the lineup with those other 4 was... I understand using Garnett now but can't understand why they haven't given it a shot... Bjelica can ball and honestly would be a perfect compliment for Towns... 

Im still trying to work out what the Wolves will do with Pekovic, when he gets healthy enough to play though too lol

In a perfect world the Wolves should probably trade Martin and Pek but I can't see them getting much for either

Martin is officially on the trading block. I don't think the asking price would be much, hopefully a PG under 35 that isn't terrible would be all it takes to land him. We actually don't have many needs beyond a back-up PG that won't be retiring. A mediocre Rubio clone would be great, someone that can run plays, play okay defence and hit a wide open 3 would be more than enough.

Towns and Pek I can actually see working together. Towns does his best work in the high post (or even outside the three point line). He could easily do the exact same stuff Love used to do (as well as playing defence and protecting the rim). He could then do the Pek role with Bjelica as well. Pek has actually started training, so could be back as early as January. Hopefully coming off the bench for like 10 minutes a game this season.

More than anything though our problem is just terrible coaching. We have all the pieces to be decent/good, it's just finding a Quin Snyder/Brad Stevens/Steve Clifford to tie it all together.