NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

2 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Which team was the home team?

Orlando, which is probably why it was annoying me so much.

I don't mind the loss so much. Would have bothered me if it was a blowout but the comeback to force overtime appeased me. Just a wonderful sport though and it's a shame it's not more popular over here. Though I am going to go watch Surrey play some time soon.

That's been a problem long before the Warriors came along. The whole outside shooting has kind of ruined the game a little for me, so much that I fall asleep if I'm not watching the team I'm supporting because that's the only one with stakes for me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

I am happy the Warriors are only beating us by 12 right now :P 

I wish there was more inside play though. All this long distance shooting is grating on me. Get in the lane man!

Sorry your team is better at defending than Kevin Love.

As much as I like making fun of Love's terrible defence and he's way out of position because he went under on a really weak screen he has presumably been told to front on Curry until Irving can recover on high ball screens, Irving is a mile out of the play because he gets stuck on the screen (in retrospect he would have been better off going under the screen, but he goes over because even from well outside the 3pt line Curry is a risk if you give him any space). Mozgov does the right thing helping the help defender, LeBron is actually slow in his rotation.

Like Love looks like a tit, but if Curry shoots that which there is every reason to think he might then Love is doing the right thing (after doing something god-awful in losing his man). It's more that Love is 3 steps behind and everyone else on the team is 1 step behind and Irving does nothing to get back into the play.

14 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I'm amazed that the Warriors have managed to completely ruin the excitement of draining a lot of threes in less than two whole seasons.

Don't worry this is like when Shaq and Duncan completely murdered basketball in the early 00s and they had to change the rules to put in more scoring. So, yeah, expect some rule changes to make games more competitive. And naturally expect teams to begin looking at and building around smaller, faster perimeter defenders and less clunky big guys in the future.

23 hours ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

I am happy the Warriors are only beating us by 12 right now :P 

I wish there was more inside play though. All this long distance shooting is grating on me. Get in the lane man!

Of course you do, the Bulls would flatten the Warriors if they did that. Their best big is Bogut who is made of papier-mache. And that's probably an insult to papier-mache!