NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

15 minutes ago, Quom said:

Derek Fisher has been fired, Kurt Rambis takes the reins. 

Not the best start to the Phil Jackson regime. His handpicked coach gone after a season and a half.  I'm still riding on the high of the Super Bowl, which means I'll have a few months until I'm totally over this damn franchise.

I think it was actually crawl to MSG, I added the glass bit because it makes more sense. I mean crawling to MSG isn't that impressive if Uber drops you off out the front and you crawl from there.

1 hour ago, Quom said:

I think it was actually crawl to MSG, I added the glass bit because it makes more sense. I mean crawling to MSG isn't that impressive if Uber drops you off out the front and you crawl from there.

Its New York, you're still probably going to get hepatitis from crawling around on the street.  Plus there's a train station underneath it.  Duh.

Jeff Teague has removed anything Hawks related from his Instagram besides a Uno card with the Hawks logo on it. The chatter is that nearly everyone there is on the trade block.

George Karl who was meant to be as good as fired yesterday has now been reassured his job is safe provided the Kings start playing defence.

Blake Griffin has been suspended for four games without pay as well as being fined an additional game's pay.

Pau Gasol is an all-star replacing Jimmy Butler who will be out 2-3 weeks with his knee.

I can understand why they might want to dump Teague for other players, since he's on 2yr/8m, but on the other end he's a 15ppg, 7apg player even if this year's worse than the last (All the hawks are worse off this year).

Needless to say, he'd be a great pick up for any play-off bound team that needs a high-octane combo guard with pretty good shooting IQ. He's no franchise guy, but he'll be perfect to be a second or third choice on any team.

As much as Dallas has had bad luck with trading guards (Rondo...), going off what I know his fast and high octane game would fit well into the Dallas 'hot potato' offense. Of course, with D-Will being a perfect fit in Dallas I'd be really hard-pressed in messing with the PG position a second year in a row. The team has plenty of point guards right now, we're more sorely lacking in consistency of the bench.

Of course, a good trade is something I'd never want to see be passed up... But there really are better teams out there for Teague to end up with.

Pacers reportedly offering a package including George Hill for him, NY wanted him last month but Atlanta were apparently all 'lol what for, you have nothing to trade', Jazz and Celtics have also enquired. Apparently he's hot property because there aren't any good PGs in this year's draft.

Edit, newest rumour is a three-way between Atlanta, Orlando and Milwaukee.

Cavs meanwhile are meant to be trying to get Korver.

24 minutes ago, Quom said:

Pacers reportedly offering a package including George Hill for him, NY wanted him last month but Atlanta were apparently all 'lol what for, you have nothing to trade', Jazz and Celtics have also enquired. Apparently he's hot property because there aren't any good PGs in this year's draft.

Edit, newest rumour is a three-way between Atlanta, Orlando and Milwaukee.

Cavs meanwhile are meant to be trying to get Korver.

Kris Dunn disagrees!  Providence, represent!

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/9rdu.mp4

Wes Matthews should challenge Curry to a silly shot shoot out.

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/z3mh.mp4

Bernie Sanders with those white guy fundamentals, bet he's a real gym rat.

Tyreke Evans reportedly having knee surgery and will be out for the rest of the year. 

If Wes could actually drain those shots when it matters, i'd be a very happy Dallas fan. He's been in an awful slump ever since Parsons turned up his own level of play. Wes is averaging less than 10 on awful shooting whilst Parsons is over 20 with great shooting.

Clearly they've been cursed to even each other out...

Same thing happens with the Wolves; Wiggins, Shabazz or LaVine can all be good, sometimes 2 of them are even allowed to be good at the same time, but when they are the 3rd has to be really, really disappointing and be a massive negative (taking bad shots and offering nothing on D or whatever). 

Christ, Dwight Howard's ending up in Atlanta, isn't he?  Rumbling is Horford & Korver to Houston for Howard, then Teague to Orlando for Oladipo & Dedmon.

No, no no no no no no no no.  Can we just have one team in Atlanta that isn't purposefully shitting the bed?

Edit:  The starting five would be Schroder and Oladipo in the backcourt, Bazemore & Millsap in front and Howard at center.  Rest of the rotation would be Sefalosha, Scott, Splitter, Hardaway Jr. & Shelvin Mack.  Ugh.