NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Yeah, I don't understand why you think Sacramento is should trade arguably the best player their franchise has ever had.  You'll never get a proper return for him.  They need to roll with him for as long as they can, and only trade him when he demands it.

3 hours ago, damshow said:

Kings need to build around Cousins, even if he's just a guy who is going to stuff stat sheets without wins for most of his career. He's exciting, talented, sells tickets. You only trade him if you bottom out or someone comes to you with an absurd offer.

The fact he's a +70% free throw shooter arguably makes him the best center in the game by default, because he breaks every sort of 'hack' strategy a team can think off, he's a center that hurts a team from everywhere on the court, both defensively and offensively. He's a demon in the paint, he got a midrange game, and this year he's even added a 3pt shot to his game. He's simply put the fear in everyone that's not on his team, and he's finally getting over his 'bad years' where he was a petulant asshole who felt privileged. Sure, he's still an asshole at times, but he's focusing on actually scoring points and winning the game rather than waste his time being angry.

Also, Rondo's the best guard he could ever have asked for. He might not've fit in Dallas, but he does fit in Sacramento, and the Kings need to do EVERYTHING in their power to lock him down for his career and give Boogie a guard that can set him up (and others).

So yeah, Boogie is 25 years old and if the Kings were a better team he'd be in the MVP discussion without a shadow of a doubt.

8 hours ago, damshow said:

I've seen Durant's name linked everywhere it seems, wouldn't buy too much into him signing with the Warriors.

KD going to the Warriors would have them do away with one of their current top 3 guys, which probably means Mr. Triple-Double Draymond Green was going somewhere else in a trade to open up cap space... And that would be a completely stupid move to move arguably the most versatile player in the league to a different team.

Warriors have a winning team already, and adding KD would on-paper be a phenomenal move, but it would add a third high-output scorer on a team that has two of the best scorers in the league already in the Splash Brothers.

Draymond is only going to get better, and he's already averaging 15 points, 9.5 rebound, 1.3 block, 1.4 steal, AND 7.3 assists!
And neither Steph or Klay are going to become worse shooters any time soon either... Between the three of them, they only need good/great rotational pieces to have a perennial contender/championship team, I think KD would disrupt their style.

The team I personally see him moving to would be the Wizards, but with the way they've been playing I am wondering if KD wants to go there.

Personally of course i'd love to see him on the Mavericks, and Cuban will no doubt make a play for the guy because that's what the Mavericks do (make plays and fail at getting any big name, ever.). Him running the PF position with Dirk settling into a 6th man position would be a scary combination. And he'd fit in the Carlisle 'pass-pass-pass' offense where the ball keeps moving.

Of course that will never happen, because Dallas never gets their big-name signings.

Edited by Jasonmufc

If you asked me a year ago I'd have said sure thing Durant was going to the Wizards. But the franchise has basically spent 2 offseasons avoiding any big moves (2 years of John Wall's prime) just to make sure they have the ability to sign him and make any other moves they can this offseason. It looks shady and I wouldn't want to play for an organization like that if I were Durant.

I feel like Durant is going to want to wind up where he has the best chance of winning, and honestly despite the bad season a core of Wall, Beal, and Durant could tear up the Eastern Conference, but there are a lot of other safer bets and potential superteams to form this offseason. He'll wind up with one of them. 

I keep seeing this "I'm getting bored with the Warriors" sentiment, and really don't understand it.  What they're doing is constantly impressive.  Were people bored during the Jordan years?  I wasn't following basketball all that well back then.  I suppose a better comparison would be to ask if people were bored during Gretzky's prime, I was following hockey even less.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

Westbrook had 19 rebounds yesterday. 

Hopefully we won't be squashed by the Warriors on Saturday. I beginning to be so bored by them. Curry took 16 threes yesterday.... 

That Thunder/Warriors game is gonna be fun.  Westbrook's peeved at Curry, so he should step up his game.  Plus it's always fun to see how the Warriors adapt to different teams' schemes.

51 from Curry last night, too.

I say the losing team gets the rights to Durant as punishment.

33 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I keep seeing this "I'm getting bored with the Warriors" sentiment, and really don't understand it.  What they're doing is constantly impressive.  Were people bored during the Jordan years?  I wasn't following basketball all that well back then.  I suppose a better comparison would be to ask if people were bored during Gretzky's prime, I was following hockey even less.

For me, it has less to do with how impressive it is and more about how it's just a boring style of basketball.

42 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The answer to both Jordan and Gretzky is no, it never got boring watching either. Attention spans are shorter now and there are so many other options for people to watch instead. We're witnessing a potential historic season and people don't seem to really care.

18 minutes ago, Benkid Nada said:

For me, it has less to do with how impressive it is and more about how it's just a boring style of basketball.

Now that I really can't understand, but I'll chalk it up to different opinions.