NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

The shit about Will Barton was fucking rough though. It kind of annoys me when people are willing to shit on guys that aren't names but won't say fuck all about established guys. Like why didn't they roast the living fuck out of Draymond? 

That was my biggest annoyance, that and whoever it was who said they didn't know any Denver Nuggets players because they didn't watch bad teams. It may have been Kevin Hart, but if it was one of the other guys then why should I listen to their analysis on anything?

They did have a point about Barton's entrance though, that was a lot of make-up application for ten seconds of dancing.

I didn't really understand the entrances. LaVine's made sense when he did the Space Jam bit last year since it was tied to the dunk he attempted and he was wearing the jersey. I was expecting some sort of Thriller gimmick dunk. 

31 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

That was my biggest annoyance, that and whoever it was who said they didn't know any Denver Nuggets players because they didn't watch bad teams. It may have been Kevin Hart, but if it was one of the other guys then why should I listen to their analysis on anything?

They did have a point about Barton's entrance though, that was a lot of make-up application for ten seconds of dancing.

Shockingly enough it wasn't Kevin Hart, it was actually Charles Barkley that came up with that aneurism of a joke. It really made me scratch my head, why are you even a pundit on Inside the NBA if you only watch half the teams...

Having League Pass means I get to watch basketball with home and away commentary. His position isn't actually a weird one. Lots of commentators who are paid to watch and call basketball have absolutely no idea about other teams. Dieng has had a mid-range game for like a year and a half (and plays like 20 minutes a game), every game with away commentary they're surprised by it and acting like it's the first time he's ever shot a bank shot. We've been talked up as the team that isn't your team that you should watch for fun. So if 80% of the league isn't watching us, they're definitely not watching the other bad teams. 

Isn't it a bit weird to have the American Anthem when it's in Canada? Like is that a thing they normally do? 

Edit. Whoops they did the Canadian one right after.

Holy shit, Nelly Furtado rocking that post-menopausal school teacher/social worker no nonsense hair.

Yeah, it's an American based league, so they always have the American national anthem. Same like when NFL play games in England.

And I really wish they had done all this shit back at 7:00 or 7:30, so tip off could have been at 8. No sense in having a two hour pre-game show for the friggin' All-star game only to have another thirty minutes of all this.