NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Celtics are a super good team full of young players. Great close-outs and defense down the stretch, and unlike other teams like Jazz/Raptors/etc, they didn't collapse under the Warrriors' pressure. I hope they go really far in the playoffs.

EDIT: Excellent win for the Wolves over Warriors, too. They kept control through overtime, Wiggins and Towns were superstars throughout and LaVine and especially Shabazz brought their A-game. Real bright future for the T'Wolves.

Edited by Tyrone

Fuck the Celtics, we just beat a full-strength GSW at home but don't get all the accolades because Boston broke their record :(

Still yay Wolves.

Wait we got an even more sexy one! GSW had won 114 games in a row when they'd led by 15+ points at any stage. Not any more bitches!

Also the refs can suck my dick, when they're finished Chris Webber can have a go.

• Like 1

We are no longer trusting the process. Sam Hinkie has just stepped down in Philly, looks like it's going to be a family affair with Bryan Colangelo taking the GM role

I say it shows he had absolute trust in the process.  The process dictated that he step down, and that is what he did.

That moment when your season looks like it's in the gutter, and naturally JJ Barea is the guy that carries the entire team on his 5ft2 back and decides to run the entire team despite being a wildly inconsistent rotational player for most of the season.

This has truly become another Mavericks season, and Barea is right back doing what he does best... Be absolute shit for most of the season, until the team has the backs to the wall and he can take over...

But on top of that, Justin Anderson looks like a future defensive star with the way he's been performing now that he's gotten a starting five spot with Chandler Parsons out for the season. In his five starts he's gotten 6.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks, and adding a pretty decent 7.2 on .536 shooting. And those stats don't tell the entire story because Simba has shown up with huge plays during crunch time. Like his huge block against Ariza yesterday.

I was genuinely dissapointed when we lost Jae Crowder to the Celtics last year, especially seeing how that trade ended up being for us. (At least Powell has shown glimpses of being a very good PF). But Anderson has been a draft steal and the Mavs need to do everything in keeping the guy and nurturing him, because he's got potential to be a great defensive swingman

8 minutes ago, damshow said:

With loss 62 this is officially the worst season in Lakers history. Honestly it's a shame this is how Kobe had to go out.

He only has himself to blame, his contract severely limited what they could build around him even before he got hurt.

• Like 4

Anyone thinking Shaq would be less effective today doesn't understand basketball. 

Shaq would be a bigger asset today as he was required to be double teamed at all times, which would open long range shooting opportunities. Combine that with the fact that there would be no center that could handle him today and with Shaq's underrated passing skills and Shaq would be more unstoppable than he already was.

Nobody is doubting his abilities on offence, it's when he's trying to defend any small ball combination or stretch 5 that he'd be in trouble, much in the same way that Dwight Howard is becoming less and less effective (add in the fact that Shaq was never a great P&R defender). It's why Kristaps is getting more hype than Okafor despite putting up less points, we're moving away from low post iso play and favouring guys who can do everything on the court. 

Prime motivated Shaq would still be beyond devastating, but he wouldn't be matching up with Greg Ostertags, he'd be matching up with guys dragging him out to the 3 point line and making him run on every single possession and would be constantly guarding P&Rs.

In the modern NBA I'd still take Hakeem over Shaq. I'd probably take a young uninjured Sabonis over both of them though.

The Bulls are now 1 Pacers win or 1 loss away from being eliminated from playoff contention....which is absolutely what they deserve for firing such a good coach in Thibodeau. It reminds me of the 49ers firing Harbaugh and expecting to actually be better when instead they fell off drastically. You don't just fire a great HC and not fall off, the Bulls GM deserves to be fired for it.