NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Breaking news: Paul George is an incredible basketball player.

EDIT: Horrific 4th quarter. Vogel leaves his worst line-up out there for most of the quarter, with Stuckey blowing every possession and Toronto finally finding its rhythm. Now PG and George Hill have to make up for the deficit. Completely blew a chance to finish the series at home.

Edited by Tyrone

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

Interesting. I don't think it would have even gone six games, Curry or not. 

Either way, it's a shame for the Clips, but not all that surprising. They're still a joke, even when they're no longer a joke. :shifty: 

The only guy I feel bad for is JJ Redick, who has become an elite shooter in his own right and is saddled with a team that should be so much better than they are... A team with a perennial all-star in Griffin, a borderline MVP in Chris Paul, the sixth man of the year in Crawford, and an elite defender in DJ, and more talented rotation pieces.

I've said it in the past, but if you can't win through so much talent alone, then there's something extremely wrong with the chemistry and mental makeup of the team. They got winning skills, but they've got a losers mentality, plain and simple. Karma is now firmly biting them back in the ass with the two critical injuries that leaves them without their star players.

As ridiculous as it may sound with the players they got, I'd blow it up and i'd trade away a few players and build a new team. Because in five years they've not come further than the conference semi finals with a potential NBA Finals team, whilst at the same time there's the Warriors and Spurs who're doing a lot more with much less and are succeeding.

Jason Terry promises a Rockets win in game five with Curry out, Curry-less Warriors completely stomp the Rockets by 33 points to close the series out. Get shit on Rockets!

Also, Hornets and Trailblazers win and have the series in hand going into game 6 with a chance to kick out the Heat and Clippers respectively. Which makes me a super happy fan of small-time teams. Both teams deserve it fully, so I hope they'll stay concentrated and go through.

18 hours ago, damshow said:

Doc Rivers has coached the team he inherited very well but he's done an awful job building on that core and making them great. He's an awful GM and has to be saddled with the blame for the team not getting over that hump yet.

I'm going to say this, and it might sound absolutely nuts, but I feel this is the truth anyways... Doc Rivers is an  overrated coach who is unable to achieve post-season success even if you give him great teams.

Even in his Celtics days, where he had four of the best players in the NBA in Pierce, Allen, Garnett, and Rajon Rondo. And even with those four guys he was only able to capture the NBA Titles once, and only reached the finals once more. In seven years with the Celts he only reached the finals twice, and stranded once in the conference finals. Those four other times he either not made the playoffs at all, or they dropped way too early for the teams they possessed.

Granted his early years he had only really Paul Pierce as a main star, but even then his playoff success is downright shocking for a guy that had a big four under his wing from 2007 to 2012. And when he left the franchise they were left with nothing but a petulant Rajon Rondo and nothing in the way of strong draft picks or anything. Brad Stevens and Ainge had to rebuild everything from scratch. And now with 'no stars' they are a playoff team well before anyone expected them to be.

I just don't see it with Rivers. He's an above average coach, who can take talent to the playoffs but can't elevate said talent to become true winners in the NBA. You got a team with so many top class players, and even before Blake/CP3 went out they barely scratched by. They should've been demolishing the Blazers, yet they don't, they're woefully inconsistent and unable to get over the hump.

It's a team with six! guys in double figures on average, including a guy shooting 20+ a game in either CP3 or Blake on any given night. You've got an elite defender, and the best sixth man in history. Yet once more they're going out like losers. They've proven themselves to be a loser team, quite and simple. They lack the mental fortitude of champions, and I think this current Clippers configuration will never reach the conference finals as long as 'winning teams' like the Spurs and Warriors exist.

I have never seen a team be so good at flipping the switch in the playoffs and no longer giving a damn than the Hawks.  This is going to be Warriors/Rockets ugly in the second round if Atlanta makes it.

Edit:  and even after Atlanta escapes Boston with the win, Dennis Schroder can't keep his damn mouth shut and has to be shoo'd to the locker room by Tiago Splitter as everyone else is congratulating one another.  Not gonna want that rookie to write a check Cleveland can cash millions of times over.

11 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

I have never seen a team be so good at flipping the switch in the playoffs and no longer giving a damn than the Hawks.  This is going to be Warriors/Rockets ugly in the second round if Atlanta makes it.

Edit:  and even after Atlanta escapes Boston with the win, Dennis Schroder can't keep his damn mouth shut and has to be shoo'd to the locker room by Tiago Splitter as everyone else is congratulating one another.  Not gonna want that rookie to write a check Cleveland can cash millions of times over.

But he's in his third year in the league :huh:

Ginoboli was fouled by Waiters on the inbound. Wow, horrible ending to a great game.

Lamarcus has been amazing this series, though, and absolutely owned Ibaka tonight.

Edited by Tyrone

Yes, but Manu also stood on the line, which you can't do BUT that Waiter should've never done that and the ball should've gone to the Spurs. Also props for Adams for not slapping that fan for holding onto him at the end of the possession when he tried to get back.

ANYHOW! 1-1! Hopefully we can take the lead in our next home game!

Everything was terrible about that last play, KD got fouled on the inbound, Aldridge got fouled underneath the basket. I think the referees thought the game was over. I'm just glad we didn't screw up a 4th quarter lead again!

This is just so weird.