NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

What a way to go out Kobe. Just watched the whole thing unfold and seeing him play bad the first 5 minutes but throughout get through and those final 5 minutes with Kobe taking over, Shaq smiling everyone cheering just, it made me kinda tear up. What a way to go out. Now it's time for OKC to make me happy and to chase that Kobe Momentum 99 Diamond card in NBA 2k16!

• Like 1

Steph Curry did to the 3pt record this year what Babe Ruth did to HR records in baseball.

Also, Curry averaged 5 3's A GAME. 30 points a game. 7 assists, 2 steals. That's a videogame statline. What's even more impressive is when you like at his per minute stats. He almost gets you a point every minute AND a 3 every 7 minutes.

49 minutes ago, damshow said:

Steph Curry did to the 3pt record this year what Babe Ruth did to HR records in baseball.

Also, Curry averaged 5 3's A GAME. 30 points a game. 7 assists, 2 steals. That's a videogame statline. What's even more impressive is when you like at his per minute stats. He almost gets you a point every minute AND a 3 every 7 minutes.

Actually NBA2K came out and say the way they made players, they couldn't sim him accurately.  So he's transcended a video game stat line.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Maxx said:

The record belonged to some other fanbase when the Bulls broke it.   (Well technically they broke their own record with 72, but before THAT)

22 hours ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

But to hell with those guys! :P 

HEY!

I'd still put Showtime up against any team that's come after. Whether that's the Bulls or Warriors, I'd take my chances. 

• Like 2

Celtics/Hawks was so much fun to watch. Great comeback from Boston in the second half, particularly the third. Shame about Bradley going down, but Isaiah/Crowder/Smart still nearly won the game for them, and probably could have with more than 0.4 on the clock . I'm hoping they can edge out Atlanta in 7 games.

Paul George was also excellent in the Raptors game that Lowry and DeRozan were completely absent from.

16 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Celtics/Hawks was so much fun to watch. Great comeback from Boston in the second half, particularly the third. Shame about Bradley going down, but Isaiah/Crowder/Smart still nearly won the game for them, and probably could have with more than 0.4 on the clock . I'm hoping they can edge out Atlanta in 7 games.

:(N):

24 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

After watching the Mavs/Rockets game during WrestleMania week, I am now a fully fledged Mavs fan.

That ending against the Thunder was great.

So, what do I need to know about the Mavs? 

Dirk is love, Dirk is life.
Deron Williams is a former star point guard whose lost his step due to bad injuries, and we've whiffed on him in 2012 when he went to the Nets instead.
Chandler Parsons was our starting small forward, but he's injured and unless we get through to round 2 he'll be out for season.
J.J. Barea is a little shit, but he's OUR little shit.
Wes Matthews is the best defender on the team, and when he's hot he's a top three point shooter too.
Devin Harris / Ray Felton are both two guards that can get hot and take over games (as seen by Ray Ray against the Thunder)
David Lee came over after being released by the Celts, and he's been a very good backup forward.
ZaZa Pachulia can come up big defensive, but he's run out of steam in the last month of the season.
Salah Mejri is an unproven center, but he's shown to be able to have good games when the team needs it.
Rick Carlisle can take any random parts and make it into a playoff team.
Mark Cuban is a superfan owner who travels with the team to games on a near religious basis (he's the greatest owner you can have)

Youth wise the Mavs aren't really deep at all. To fuel our playoff runs we've had to sacrifice good picks for players and we also lost a bunch to the Celts after the Rondo debacle last year... But Justin Anderson has stepped up big time with Parsons out, and he's shown intense hustle ability and a real spark that the team needs.

Finally, the Rockets are scum, and the Clippers are too but we're fully over losing out on D.Jordan

Edited by Jasonmufc

5 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Deron Williams is a former star point guard whose lost his step due to bad injuries, and we've whiffed on him in 2012 when he went to the Nets instead.
Chandler Parsons was our starting small forward, but he's injured and unless we get through to round 2 he'll be out for season.
Wes Matthews is the best defender on the team, and when he's hot he's a top three point shooter too.
Devin Harris / Ray Felton are both two guards that can get hot and take over games (as seen by Ray Ray against the Thunder)
David Lee came over after being released by the Celts, and he's been a very good backup forward.
ZaZa Pachulia can come up big defensive, but he's run out of steam in the last month of the season.
Salah Mejri is an unproven center, but he's shown to be able to have good games when the team needs it.
Mark Cuban is a superfan owner who travels with the team to games on a near religious basis (he's the greatest owner you can have)

Youth wise the Mavs aren't really deep at all. To fuel our playoff runs we've had to sacrifice good picks for players and we also lost a bunch to the Celts after the Rondo debacle last year... But Justin Anderson has stepped up big time with Parsons out, and he's shown intense hustle ability and a real spark that the team needs.

Finally, the Rockets are scum, and the Clippers are too but we're fully over losing out on D.Jordan

Cheers for the updates. I've always liked Dirk in fairness, plus he's very similar to Arsenal's big f'in German Per Mertesacker.

Last time I checked Deron Williams was playing for the Nets so I was surprised to see him playing for the Mavs!

Mark Cuban I am familiar with purely because of his appearances on RAW. ;)

Barea caught the eye against the Rockets, he was class. Everything he seemed to hit went in.

5 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

C

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

After watching the Mavs/Rockets game during WrestleMania week, I am now a fully fledged Mavs fan.

That ending against the Thunder was great.

So, what do I need to know about the Mavs? 

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavs!

• Like 1