NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors won in 5 now with Whiteside out....Lowry should be able to attack the rim relentlessly as the Heat won't be able to stop him. His confidence seems back after last game. Tonight's game will dictate a lot.

3 hours ago, Mofoticon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors won in 5 now with Whiteside out....Lowry should be able to attack the rim relentlessly as the Heat won't be able to stop him. His confidence seems back after last game. Tonight's game will dictate a lot.

I don't know about that. Losing JV is huge for the Raptors. I do think Toronto has better depth - I'd rather play Biyombo then Amare Stoudemire or Josh McRoberts - but Lowry and DeRozan have been so inconsistent throughout the postseason.

I'd say he's the best offensive player in the NBA since MJ. But I'll still rate Jordan's 37.1PPG and Magic's 24PPG/12APG respective '86/'87 season ahead of what Steph did, seeing that back then people barely did three pointers and they still reached ungodly numbers... Granted, defense has improved tenfold since then.

But Steph is a beast on a whole different level, really. He's redefined basketball and pretty much ushered in the 'three point era' completely and emphatically, together with the rest of the Warriors.

Bad night for Parker and Aldridge, but Kawhi and Danny Green were feeling it. I have faith they can take another game in OKC and win game 7 at home.

On another note, maybe it's just because of him missing last year, but I'd forgotten just how great of a scorer Durant was. It's just so easy him for him to shoot over anyone that guards him, even Leonard in some cases.

Atrocious first half for the Spurs, Thunder want it so much more than they do. Adams, and to a lesser extent Kanter, have changed the series completely and Pop has no answer for their offense/rebounding.

OKC defense has been quite good, but there are so many plays where SA goes against the system and chuck up forced shots. So frustrating.

EDIT: That was almost the greatest collapse of all time. Turnovers are going to be a real concern when they face Golden State, and the play where KD told Russ to slow down and he proceeded to turn it over. I'd love to see OKC win it all in KD's contract year, though.

EDIT 2: San Antonio showed great heart at the end and fought with everything they had. Happy that if it was indeed his last game, Duncan went out with 19 points and effort instead of the poor performance he showed in other playoff games. Very proud of the Spurs.

Edited by Tyrone

5 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Crazy how this might be the end of Timmy's playing days. I don't remember what basketball was like before him. 

Because everyone knows basketball didn't exist before Tim Duncan. He's been there since the 50s at least.

Basketball becomes a lot less interesting (pun intended) with Tim Duncan gone. :(

Also sorry to Lars, but there's no way in hell the Warriors aren't gonna get to the finals. *shrug*

Edited by Jasonmufc

On 5/11/2016 at 10:20, Jasonmufc said:

Granted, defense has improved tenfold since then.

What? You put Jordan in without hand-checking and he's lighting shit up, especially with fouls called the way they are now. Like he was already largely a mid-range player so zone defence doesn't matter so much, but he'd be much more productive in the paint in this era without needing to worry about being clobbered with no foul, he'd be shooting 30 FT's a game. That's just in iso, add in the P&R and guys stretching the floor out and I personally think this is the era Jordan would be most dominant in. 

• Like 2