NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

We can blame KD and Westbrook all we want but Sam Presti has had half a decade to build a fucking bench around these guys and he's never gotten anything better than an 8-man team. It's just extremely unfortunate, and it makes those guys jack up a lot more bad shots than they should because they reasonably can't trust the rest of the team to do anything.

• Like 1

If I'm being honest with myself? Cleveland is about to stomp golden state. This is the same team that hung in there last year without Kyrie OR Love. And I'm just talking about how their presence would have changed things last year, that's ignoring the growth of Kyrie to the most dominant scorer in the Eastern conference playoffs, if not both sides. 

21 hours ago, En Dub said:

If I'm being honest with myself? Cleveland is about to stomp golden state. This is the same team that hung in there last year without Kyrie OR Love. And I'm just talking about how their presence would have changed things last year, that's ignoring the growth of Kyrie to the most dominant scorer in the Eastern conference playoffs, if not both sides. 

The thing is, last year they hung with Golden State because the injuries forced them to play this ridiculous slow-paced defensive lineup throughout the series. They won't have to do that this year and need to actually beat Golden State in a shootout. As soon as the Warriors said "okay, we'll just play small and start Iggy" the series got extremely lopsided for the last 3 games. Now the Cavs are going to have better scoring but make some defensive sacrifices to do so. The matchups just aren't there for them.

Chances are it's Golden State in 6 with them splitting the first 4, if the Warriors win both games at Oracle it could be done in 5.