NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

43 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

So does this Dunn guy suck? Everyone said he was going 3 and a couple said maybe 2

He's actually really good and Minnesota got a steal him going that late. He's an all star defender in the making which is just what they needed. The one and two picks were never a question, both were announced in advance. Boston....I dunno about Boston. Danny Ainge talks so much about trading then takes a solid forward because we don't need any more guards and Dunn is comparable to Marcus Smart (though I thought we were taking Hield). Phoenix continues to confuse me and I think Minnesota were just surprised he was still around. 

Though apparently your Bulls are in talk for Dunn in a ridiculous trade. Bulls give up Jimmy Butler and get Dunn and one other played. Bulls want LaVine but Minnesota is offering Rubio, according to reports.

3 minutes ago, En Dub said:

He's actually really good and Minnesota got a steal him going that late. He's an all star defender in the making which is just what they needed. The one and two picks were never a question, both were announced in advance. Boston....I dunno about Boston. Danny Ainge talks so much about trading then takes a solid forward because we don't need any more guards and Dunn is comparable to Marcus Smart (though I thought we were taking Hield). Phoenix continues to confuse me and I think Minnesota were just surprised he was still around. 

Though apparently your Bulls are in talk for Dunn in a ridiculous trade. Bulls give up Jimmy Butler and get Dunn and one other played. Bulls want LaVine but Minnesota is offering Rubio, according to reports.

:o So we are giving up Butler? Oh man maybe I picked a bad time to start paying more attention 

2 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

:o So we are giving up Butler? Oh man maybe I picked a bad time to start paying more attention 

I can give you a definite....maybe. I mean NBA trades have fallen through for a lot less, but I'm hardly an expert on either team. Who is our resident T'Wolves fan? @Quom?

I really thought Butler was going to be your centerpiece going forward. I know Boston had been pursuing him all week. 

EDIT: And yeah, OKC cleaned up. Prepping for a future possible rebuild while also clearing money to throw at Durant or Westbrook. 

Edited by En Dub
Added content.

Yeah that isn't a trade I expected to happen. I mean they were declining offers from Boston centered around the number three pick, presumably coupled with other picks and young talent. So it confused me that they were so immediately willing to trade for Dunn and LaVine. 

Yeah, there's a term for it that's escaping me at the moment. Some of them will be used as trade pieces later, other will just remain in D-League or overseas but with exclusive rights to a team for a few years if they turn into something. But, for example, Boston has 8 picks tonight. We don't have 8 roster slots open. So unless we can trade some of these picks or new players? We are gonna have to just cut some of these guys. 

That being said, WHY IS THE BEST TRADING GM UNABLE TO MAKE ANY TRADES TONIGHT. Sorry. I'm okay. 

I AM SO ERECT! KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OUR TEAM

In regards to the Bulls, we offered LaVine and the fifth pick, we then offered LaVine and Dunn (Bulls were desperate to trade with Boston because they wanted the third pick to nab him). They turned both down. Which is totally fine by me.

Supposedly Thibs is being a dick and trying to give Rubio away to anyone that will take him. 

I'm a bit thing. I really like this team as is. LaVine, KAT, Wiggins are all super tight, Rubio is also good friends with them all. I really don't want to rush something so it happens two years earlier. I'd much rather bide our time and have a core that is all reaching max potential simultaneously. Gutting the team and breaking up the core to sniff playoff basketball a year earlier seems ridiculous.