NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Good draft by the Knicks. Didn't take any risks with stupid picks, which is important at a time like this. Probably the second-best draft of the last several years (behind drafting Kristaps last year).

.... :crying:

• Like 1

Yeah, that trade is crazy to me. I'd have done Oladipo for Ibaka straight up, but they get a pretty good rotational guy in Illyasova, a potentially nice rookie piece in Sabonis. I got to hear a bit about Illy last season and he's a pretty solid stretch four. He can knock the three down and spread the floor, and while his defense is lacking he does draw a ton of charges on that side. 

If I'm Durant I'd feel good about that trade and re-sign with Oklahoma. 

Jeremy Lin headed to Brooklyn, Al Jefferson to the Pacers, Bradley Beal got his max deal in Washington, Mozgov to the Lakers, Noah to Knicks, Parsons (probably) to Blazers, Whiteside staying in Miami.

O.J. Mayo has also been "dismissed and disqualified" from the league for 2 years for violating the Anti-Drug Program.

Drummond has agreed to stay with the Pistons, which was a forgone conclusion, but glad no weird shit happened there. 

We also signed Ish Smith to be our back up PG. We were also linked to Al Horford, but I think we'd need to make a move to sign him, and I just don't see him coming to Detroit. 

Love the Nets signing Lin. He rejoins Kenny Atkinson, the coach that helped him become a solid NBA player when he broke out in NYK and we didn't really pay all that much considering rumors of guys like Tyler Johnson getting 12-15 mil a year. He'll give us some well needed energy and make us a lot more watchable. I still don't predict the playoffs at all but it's a step in the right direction.