NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Good on Wade for leaving Miami. The guy gave his all for the organization and took so many pay-cuts and then they treat him so poorly.

I've heard a lot of negatives about the shooting % with Rondo/Wade/Butler, but I'm really looking forward to it. Butler's ready to captain the Bulls, Wade can ball - and got out of his comfort zone with so many 3's during the playoffs - and Rondo's there to be a great distributor. They still could use some more pieces, but those 3 + Lopez, McDermott and up-and-comers like Portis and Grant is a solid squad.

• Like 1

Has anyone actually bothered watching Rondo the past few years? He really isn't very good, like at all. His defensive effort has been absolutely ridiculous and he can't shoot. So you're left with a really shit version of Rubio/Kidd. I would not be excited about a back court duo of Wade/Rondo.

• Like 2

And those two were traded for nothing, so there's still spots left to fill and I'm not sure there's enough money to get valuable players with this market. Rondo/Wade would've been great if this was the early 2010's, not in 2016-17. These guys can't play 35+ mpg.

I'm hoping for the best, and that these weird squad surprises everyone (but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen). God help Jimmy Butler.

Missed all the fun while I was on vacation.

The minute I heard "Jerry West" I knew what Durant was doing. He'll opt out after next season regardless, but expect him to stay. Why would you ever leave that? Showtime Lakers had 3 of the top 10 players in the league during their height, this Warriors team has the same plus Klay Thompson who is somewhere in the top 20. They've lost some of their bench but the major players are still there in Iguodala and Livingston. 70 wins again seems like a foregone conclusion.

15 hours ago, damshow said:

Missed all the fun while I was on vacation.

The minute I heard "Jerry West" I knew what Durant was doing. He'll opt out after next season regardless, but expect him to stay. Why would you ever leave that? Showtime Lakers had 3 of the top 10 players in the league during their height, this Warriors team has the same plus Klay Thompson who is somewhere in the top 20. They've lost some of their bench but the major players are still there in Iguodala and Livingston. 70 wins again seems like a foregone conclusion.

I doubt the Warriors go all out for 70 wins again this year since it seemed to wear them down last season. On talent alone they should win 65 or so though.

Yeah, grinding those last 15 or so games definitely wore them down. They'll be more aware the regular season is a formality this year, easily winning 60 again. I do think 70 is in reach just because they can give Curry or Thompson a night off and still have Durant to go out there and score 30.