NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

I haven't seen too much of the Warriors (when I watch the NBA, it's almost always the Raps) so here is my question - how good is Harrison Barnes? He's going to start on the Mavericks, so what kind of production is to be expected from him? I know he was highly touted coming out of North Carolina.

OK - change to my question. I didn't realize that he actually started most games over the last two seasons. Still - now he has to be seen as one of the offensive focal points. Do people see him as someone who can average 20 a game?

Edited by Toe
Changing my question.

Yeah, it's just that I really believe that KD was torn up about this decision. And well, his inner circle was telling him to move teams for his endorsements and stuff. We still have Russ for one season, half a season, I don't know. I will watch some Warrior games besides OKC now. It's tough but hey, he wants a ring, who can blame him? Most players are friends these days, it's not like in the old days. 

8 hours ago, Toe said:

I haven't seen too much of the Warriors (when I watch the NBA, it's almost always the Raps) so here is my question - how good is Harrison Barnes? He's going to start on the Mavericks, so what kind of production is to be expected from him? I know he was highly touted coming out of North Carolina.

OK - change to my question. I didn't realize that he actually started most games over the last two seasons. Still - now he has to be seen as one of the offensive focal points. Do people see him as someone who can average 20 a game?

No. I mean maybe? In the same way Chandler Parsons could average 20 a game. Unless something drastic changes and he makes a massive jump he's most assuredly not a 'cornerstone' type player or even an 'invaluable piece of the puzzle' type player. He'd be pretty far down my list of guys that can play the 3-4.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

I know he wants to win titles but damn, the guy I love on the team I love since I started watching the NBA leaving to form a juggernaut is just, well I wish him all the luck and titles. Now we get Ingram and Russ goes to the Lakers?

I will follow KD but I will just cheer for him. NOT GOLDEN STATE. Hopefully he will return like LeBron did.

If he returns like LeBron did he's going to the Wizards :P

• Like 1

Reports are going out that KD's frustration with Russ is what send him to the Warriors. Damn KD, Russ plays with so much heart and soul goes 140% each game, yes he has the ball a lot, yes he makes stupid decisions at times but you shot 10/31 in game 6 against the Warriors. 

DAMN this would've been so different if we didn't blew the series. I really hope Russ stays, I want to see how he plays now he is the Superstar and face of the franchise. 

2 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

Reports are going out that KD's frustration with Russ is what send him to the Warriors. Damn KD, Russ plays with so much heart and soul goes 140% each game, yes he has the ball a lot, yes he makes stupid decisions at times but you shot 10/31 in game 6 against the Warriors. 

DAMN this would've been so different if we didn't blew the series. I really hope Russ stays, I want to see how he plays now he is the Superstar and face of the franchise. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

As soon as I heard the Durant news, one of two things needed to happen. Either build around Russell as a franchise player if he was willing, or trade him to a new team before the season starts for either draft picks or a young stud. With the rumors of Love getting offered up to make room for Wade, maybe we get the Westbrook/Love combo in LA a year early?

If Wade signs with the Bulls, maybe the celtics can get Butler like we have been trying for weeks. And I'm not at all shocked at Boston going after Westbrook. It's the type of move that makes sense. We get Westbrook (though no way Ainge takes him unless there's a guarantee of him signing a max deal) and pass our ridiculous draft assets on to the now rebuilding thunder. It's a good move for both teams 

I'm pretty sure the main reason why he won't sign an extension is because he can get stupid money next off season, when the salary cap goes up AGAIN. It doesn't make sense for him to take less money now when he can make more a year from now. It's fully possible he could/would resign with OKC next off season, but he just wants to get paid.

• Like 2