NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

I'm optimistic and his defence has actually been more impressive than his handles. He could be a beast. I wouldn't mind him splitting time playing the 2 guard next to Rubio when we need some lock-down D as well as being the backup PG.  

Tim Duncan has announced his retirement from the NBA.

So long to the greatest Spur and PF of all time, as well as the most unassuming and modest NBA Superstar I have ever seen.

Edited by Tyrone
  • Like 1

Huge respect to Tim Duncan, one of the best people to play basketball ever both on the court and off the court. Never any controversy, never threw anyone in front of the bus, the perfect professional in every aspect.

One of the greatest human beings in the history of basketball, period. One of the few players I could never imagine retiring, but now that he's walked away the sport has become slightly less awesome.

And as a Mav fan it makes me dread the day Dirk Nowitzki walks away from the sport. 

• Like 1

That NBA Hall of Fame induction in 2021 is going to be something else: Kobe and Timmy getting inducted in the same year, the best PF and the best (or second best) SG of all the time. That's going to be really really special.

Also, I've only seen fragments of Pop's speech so far, but I was super sad watching those bits.

I hate the idea of going after Griffin or Westbrook. It's not as bad if they agree to resign, but 16-17 is not the year to take a one-shot team against The Warriors and Durant. 

Also, we lose Thomas for Westbrook and Crowder for Griffin. That defeats the entire propose of a rebuild. I like our guys. I'm a loyalist and I understand that's not the direction things are heading in the league nowadays but I don't want to turn on the guys who got us this far. 

I don't see the purpose of going for Westbrook, unless Ainge is under extreme pressure to deliver a title contending team this season as opposed to 17/18. The salary cap is going to get hiked to over 100M after next season and from all accounts Westbrook will not be interested in resigning with the Thunder now that Durant has skipped town to ruin the league with the Warriors.

Granted, other teams might jump to get Westbrook, but personally I feel Isaiah has the perfect playing style to build a team around, with none of the drama that Westbrook brings. Sure, he's not as godly as Westbrook, but on the other hand it will never be a 1on1 trade between the two, and if that means giving up a guy like Jae Crowder it would set back the Celtics rather than elevate them to contender status.

22 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

NBA pulls 2017 all-star game out of North Carolina due to anti-LGBT laws. Good on them, respect that.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2016/07/nba_moves_2017_all-star_game_o_1.html#incart_river_mobile_index

And then their co-owner Felix Sabates doubled down with this:

“What is wrong with a person using a bathroom provided for the sex the were born with, if you want to change your gender so be it, we are a free county, but don’t force 8 years old children to be exposed to having to share bathroom facilities with people that don’t share the organs they were Bourne (sic) with, this is plain wrong, this could cause irreparable damages to a children’s that don’t understand why they have to see what God did not mean for them to witness, we have some very confused business as well as political humans that frankly have made this a political issue rather then (sic) moral issues, SHAME ON THEM.”