NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

In Memphis, some of our players actually do deal crack out of the trunks of their cars. We just don't mind. >_>

In actual important news, Boston has reportedly offered Al Horford a max deal today and he's basically signed unless Atlanta beats it. 

Hassan Whiteside staying! Yay! Now there needs to be some real wizardry by Pat Reily to secure a solid starting line up with what money we have left. Shit.

50 minutes ago, En Dub said:

In Memphis, some of our players actually do deal crack out of the trunks of their cars. We just don't mind. >_>

In actual important news, Boston has reportedly offered Al Horford a max deal today and he's basically signed unless Atlanta beats it. 

That will be a great pick-up for Boston, if the deal goes through. Still holding out hope that KD becomes a Celtic, so Horford being there for the pitch would be grand.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

That will be a great pick-up for Boston, if the deal goes through. Still holding out hope that KD becomes a Celtic, so Horford being there for the pitch would be grand.

Same here, man. KD would look so good in green. He's gone on record as about 90% certain he's staying in OKC for another year at least, but Horford and Isiah would be a great motivator to come to Boston. Plus Durant reportedly really likes the city and the fans in Boston. 

2 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

The Bulls signed...for a package that showed up today? Hell I don't know. We suck :( 

We don't suck...we just don't have anything passed Butler (maybe McDermott). I mean, as of right now, starting line-up is looking like Butler, Valentine, McDermott, Mirotic and Lopez. Not playoff looking, but if McDermott keeps getting better and Valentine really does break out, there could be a chance in the next couple of years. Also, I got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report that even Chicago are going after Dwayne Wade. Really don't see that happening, but Wade around to help out the young guys could work next season.

6 hours ago, En Dub said:

@Jasonmufc well it's only gotten worse for the Mavs. Chandler Parsons has agreed to a 4 year 94 million deal with the Memphis Grizzlies. And reportedly the grizz have also offered Conley a max deal. 

Thought you said it has gotten worse?  Parsons isn't worth a max deal because he's streaky and can't stay healthy.  I'm happy some other team was dumb enough to pay him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Thought you said it has gotten worse?  Parsons isn't worth a max deal because he's streaky and can't stay healthy.  I'm happy some other team was dumb enough to pay him.

I'm a fan of Parsons and would've loved to see him stay on the Mavs, but Cuban was smart to hold off on giving him the max. His knees are wobbly as hell and he's had two knee surgeries in just over a year, which can mean nothing, but oftentimes it means everything.

Glad he found a team willing to pay, but at this point i'd rather Mavs take a gamble on Simba because he showed flashes of brilliance in a rookie year where nothing was expected from him. Then again, netting KD would suffice as a consolation price.

Conley stays in Memphis with the largest contract in history and if you'd like to discuss overpaying, here's the prime example. I wouldn't even consider Conley a top 10 point guard and he's got the new max deal. That's Memphis for you.

Apparently the meeting between Boston and Horford went very well, but I trust nothing until there are actual contracts out on the 7th. 

Why did we sign Dwight Howard over Horford?!  We signed Bazemore, so our starting five is now likely Howard/Milsap/Bazemore/Korver/Loudmouth

This smacks of a team impersonating the Spurs' pre-Leonard lineup.  Hell, we even have Tiago Splitter as a backup.  Too bad Howard is going to give the hell up halfway through the year. 

2 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Why did we sign Dwight Howard over Horford?!  We signed Bazemore, so our starting five is now likely Howard/Milsap/Bazemore/Korver/Loudmouth

This smacks of a team impersonating the Spurs' pre-Leonard lineup.  Hell, we even have Tiago Splitter as a backup.  Too bad Howard is going to give the hell up halfway through the year. 

I have no earthly idea why you took Howard over Horford. I have less of an idea as to why you're paying him so much. But I certainly appreciate it because sources are saying he's basically a lock for Boston now. 

5 minutes ago, En Dub said:

I have no earthly idea why you took Howard over Horford. I have less of an idea as to why you're paying him so much. But I certainly appreciate it because sources are saying he's basically a lock for Boston now. 

Well looking at last year, despite his issues Howard was arguably a better player than Horford with a near full season at 71 games, so clearly something has changed for the better (most likely him slowing himself down).

But I personally think this is more of an indication that Horford was not planning on resigning with Atlanta either way, that he would rather take a slight paycut and have an out-of-town max rather than a bird-max

2 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Please tell me there is actually a guy named Loudmouth and that isn't just your nickname for somebody :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Please tell me there is actually a guy named Loudmouth and that isn't just your nickname for somebody :lol: 

I think he means Dennis Schroder, whose middle name sadly isn't loudmouth.

• Like 1

The only rationale is that I think Coach Air Bud wants to have a foreign point guard who likes to drive the paint, someone at the two who can shoot threes, a defensive-minded SF, a PF that can shoot outside (AL HORFORD COULD DO THAT!) and a big guy who can handle the business at the bucket.

They technically have that, provided Kyle Korver remembers how to basketball.  Their bench really looks like one of those like when you accidentally spend too much money in 2k16 so you go get the cheapest options available.  It's five dudes and some warm bodies riding pine.  ( :pervert: )  Maybe Howard feels energized being the hometown boy?

What's worse is that I think Horford is about to wreck the world if he signs with Boston.  That team's already scary good and it sets up a Boston/Atlanta rivalry thanks to Dennis NOT SHUTTING HIS DAMN WORD HOLE after the Hawks beat them in the playoffs.  I ain't saying Atlanta and Boston are the two teams to beat in the East, but it'll make for some interesting undercard matches.

Edit:  Holy crap, Boston v. Cleveland.  The bench for the Cavs is going to be somehow even worse than last year and Horford's already got a chip on his shoulder after getting swept twice by the Clebron Cavairvings.

It strikes me like Boston will be next year like how Toronto was this year.  Possibly the second best team in the East and the talent to really test or usurp a team like Cleveland.  The Raptors and Hawks will probably go 3-4 with the Knicks getting home court if they stay healthy.   The Magic, Heat and Pacers would be my Way Too Early choices for 6-8.

• Like 1