NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Thunder have finally got it clicking. It's not two-man ball anymore, everyone contributes and they are SO dangerous! I didn't think they'd beat the 67 win Spurs, now they have a chance to knock out the defending champs with the 73-9 record. Insane and well deserved.

8 hours ago, damshow said:

I don't think Curry really got completely better and he's just kind of falling apart in this series.

I don't know, Thunder are playing so hard. They showed a couple of clips and Curry has a guy attached to him every single play on offence. Thunder have a load of super lanky guys that can double someone and still be a risk to pick off the open pass. They just seem to have everything clicking right now.

Draymond has put up awful stats the past two games and has no injuries. I just think OKC has got in their heads and has them feeling overwhelmed.

4 hours ago, Quom said:

I don't know, Thunder are playing so hard. They showed a couple of clips and Curry has a guy attached to him every single play on offence. Thunder have a load of super lanky guys that can double someone and still be a risk to pick off the open pass. They just seem to have everything clicking right now.

Draymond has put up awful stats the past two games and has no injuries. I just think OKC has got in their heads and has them feeling overwhelmed.

Valid, OKC's always been a bad matchup because of their athleticism. They have fast, lanky guys who can stay glued to Curry and bigs that can frustrate Draymond. Donovan's a great coach and has his matchups figured out and it's confusing Kerr/Walton who might not have a proper counter for it.

2 weeks ago none of us thought the Thunder would look all but guaranteed to win the title but I see no way anyone can beat them.

• Like 1

I'm just happy we might not be getting GSW/Cavs again. 

If the Cavs don't make it to the finals, this will be the first time in like 5 or 6 years where LeBron isn't in it, but I still kind of want to see a Cavs / OKC best of seven series.

Will OKC / Raptors really be a ratings disaster, though? It's not like nobody knows who Westbrook and KD is, and there's the whole Canada angle as well. I just don't think it's as bad as people say it'll be.

I still want OKC / Cavs myself, though, that just sounds like an even more fun match-up.

LeBron's the only player that really carries clout outside of basketball. So if he's playing in the Finals, people will watch. Golden State has a ton of coverage going in about them and Steph Curry is becoming a very recognizable name. That and they are the only team in a very reliable media market. KD is great and "the real MVP" memes are what they are, but not a lot of non-basketball people know who he is. And OKC, despite a good local fanbase, is a small market. It's hard to gauge Toronto but they don't have much of a US following, and that's what we generally look at in terms of ratings since the US TV market is so much bigger than Canada's.

So, yeah, OKC/Toronto would be a big drop in ratings. But frankly that's not significant to the NBA since they already locked down their massive TV deal.

So the Rockets are apparently signing Mike D'Antoni to be their new coach, with reportedly a 4 year deal.

Well, now I have to sympathize with Rockets fans after what us Lakers fans went through with him. But I have to say James Harden deserves this for getting Kevin McHale fired. 

If anyone here is a Rockets fans, I hope your misery from having him as the team's coach lasts about as long as he lasted with the Lakers, if not less.

(I honestly can't think of an NBA team he'd be a good fit for or an improvement over the coach they already have.....)

Oh, and I want OKC/Cleveland, and will be pulling for OKC. 

Edited by GhostMachine

On 5/24/2016 at 20:37, Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

And the 1995-1996 Bulls are laughing and shining their ring.

I was actually in a conversation (on Reddit, alas), as to whether that Bulls team could win the Championship this year. Which I find a laughable question, because there's not a team in the league that could exploit what count as 'weaknesses' for that Bulls team. I don't see a team in the league that could push them to six games, let alone defeat them.

It actually went farther, because the only teams to actually WIN the title that I could see pushing them is the three-peat Lakers and MAYBE the Big 3 Heat, but Miami was a pale comparison of that Bulls team, and the Lakers drop off a lot after Shaq/Kobe, but, man, Chicago would have no answer for Shaq.

I don't even see the point in watching Game 7.  There is no way OKC can recover from that to win in Golden State.

Just as a casual observer I'm a bit gutted that the Warriors/Cavs finals that felt like a foregone conclusion since before the start of the season was THIS close to being busted.

I watched the second half last night, never really watched a GSW game. Initially my thoughts on Curry was, all this fucking guy does is jack up threes, and he's not even making them. Klay Thompson on the other hand, holy shit, he can fucking shoot the lights out.

But then Curry started getting his shot going. I noticed he's not just a great shooter, but he can get into the paint and score, plus he's a pretty nifty passer as well.

Draymond Green might be one of the biggest cry babies I've ever seen.

On 5/27/2016 at 13:40, GhostMachine said:

So the Rockets are apparently signing Mike D'Antoni to be their new coach, with reportedly a 4 year deal.

Well, now I have to sympathize with Rockets fans after what us Lakers fans went through with him. But I have to say James Harden deserves this for getting Kevin McHale fired. 

If anyone here is a Rockets fans, I hope your misery from having him as the team's coach lasts about as long as he lasted with the Lakers, if not less.

(I honestly can't think of an NBA team he'd be a good fit for or an improvement over the coach they already have.....)

Oh, and I want OKC/Cleveland, and will be pulling for OKC. 

James Harden deserves this?  Yeah, I'm sure he'll hate playing for the only coach who will want him to work less on defense.  What a terrible punishment.