NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

35 minutes ago, Maxx said:

That he isn't being suspended?

If you want something funny, the NBA is claiming the only reason he threw his leg out was an attempt to draw a foul, which makes even less sense since that's an offensive foul.

Green would have been suspended if he wasn't on the team that the NBA clearly would prefer to make the Finals.  Let's just be real.  I don't think that games themselves are outright rigged or anything but I can't see how the league office would have wanted anything other than Cavs/Warriors part 2 heading into this season.  The Warriors breaking the regular season record only strengthened it.

Meh, I personally think it's a boring match-up. I'd much prefer OKC vs Cavs or GSW vs Boston/Raptors (if they weren't struggling)/Heat. Teams that have enough players at key positions to actually make it a challenge. I'll be amazed if Cleveland can be at all competitive against the Warriors. Cavs aren't a bad team, but GSW are like their hard counter. 

12 hours ago, Mofoticon said:

The Cavs should be flat out embarrassed by tonight's effort.

Toronto wants it more right now, and I don't know why.

There's absolutely no pressure on the Raptors. They made it to the third round for the first time ever, and people here are ecstatic. Nobody believed they could beat Cleveland, and nobody was really upset about that, this season was already a huge success. Not getting swept felt like a miracle, after Game 3 people were really happy that they were going to take it to 5. Being tied 2-2 with an actual chance of winning it feels like a dream. Meanwhile, if Cleveland doesn't win this series, it's a huge bust and big changes are coming. They struggle under adversity. They had to fire their coach this year. They are often unbeatable, but are streaky and have stretches where nothing goes their way and they look average. 

5 hours ago, Pizza said:

There's absolutely no pressure on the Raptors. They made it to the third round for the first time ever, and people here are ecstatic. Nobody believed they could beat Cleveland, and nobody was really upset about that, this season was already a huge success. Not getting swept felt like a miracle, after Game 3 people were really happy that they were going to take it to 5. Being tied 2-2 with an actual chance of winning it feels like a dream. Meanwhile, if Cleveland doesn't win this series, it's a huge bust and big changes are coming. They struggle under adversity. They had to fire their coach this year. They are often unbeatable, but are streaky and have stretches where nothing goes their way and they look average. 

I mean they didn't have to fire their coach. I'd say the firing of the coach is indicative of the actual problem with Cleveland, they have no leader off the court. It's a bunch of talented guys all put together with absolutely nobody off the court steering the ship or trying to make it a cohesive unit. I don't care if you're LeBron, the league's too deep for that and there's nobody holding you together when you fail and need to regroup and come up with a new gameplan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quom said:

I mean they didn't have to fire their coach. I'd say the firing of the coach is indicative of the actual problem with Cleveland, they have no leader off the court. It's a bunch of talented guys all put together with absolutely nobody off the court steering the ship or trying to make it a cohesive unit. I don't care if you're LeBron, the league's too deep for that and there's nobody holding you together when you fail and need to regroup and come up with a new gameplan.

Which is why I loved the story of Lue supposedly telling Lebron to "shut the fuck up" while he was drawing up a play.

Though, James is supposedly the one who wanted Lue in charge.

Don't know who to alert about King James potentially being submissive:  @SeanDMan or @RPS...

The Raptors deserve a ton of kudos for how they've competed in this series and the Cavs apparently thought they'd roll over after games 1 and 2 based on how shitty they've played in Toronto. The Cavs better come out focused in game 5 and end this in 6, but I'm not sure what to think right now.

The Raptors as a whole have been amazing in how they've been on the ropes every round and still have found a way to persevere and find a way to make it all work. DDR and Lowry have struggled in stretches, but every time they've struggled their extremely hard working role players have come up big to keep the team in the fight... They're a delight to watch fight for every scrap and find themselves back into this series with the super-talented Cavaliers once more looking absolutely lost despite all their talent.

At this point, I would love a Thunder/Raptors final because it would be the final that nobody expected to see, and with GSW's newfound villain-ism and the Cavs eternal villain-ness, they are the two teams that deserve it the most.

League tricked GSW, instead of suspending Green they decided to instead just call all the fouls GSW normally get away with.

Holy fuck, that pass by Adams, palmed the ball and threw it like a baseball.