NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Regular season is fun for a regular dose of basketball, but there are hardly any "big" games in the regular season until the last month because there are so many of them and so many teams make the playoffs.

I follow more than watch during the regular season. I can tell you who won tonight and some other tidbits, mostly about the Wizards season. But I don't make appointments to watch a game.

On 10/01/2016 at 05:43, damshow said:

Most people don't care about the regular season. That's how they keep up.

As a non-US based Spurs fan, this is true. The first 82 games of the season are irrelevant, we will win the division and we will make the playoffs. About the only thing up for debate is will we be top seed or second.

It's so much easier than supporting Newcastle.

31 minutes ago, Gazz said:

As a non-US based Spurs fan, this is true. The first 82 games of the season are irrelevant, we will win the division and we will make the playoffs. About the only thing up for debate is will we be top seed or second.

It's so much easier than supporting Newcastle.

Crazy to think the Spurs are also on a historical season (highest point differential in like 40 years), yet they're completely overshadowed by the 35-2 Warriors.

Crazy stat, there's nobody on the Spurs with a defensive rating above 100 (points allowed per 100 possessions), and they have 9 players over 110 in offensive rating (team points scored in 100 possessions)

The only two players that aren't shooting 50% from two point shots are Danny Green (41%) and Aldridge (49%), in total there's only one player shooting below 40% from the field in Danny Green (37%) who is in a wicked slump right now.

Spurs have a 13.9+ point differential in the league, which is higher in number than the worst team in the league -12.1, so the Spurs are better at being good than the Sixers are at being shit.

The Warriors are at 12.2, and the only reason they're at that mark is because they have a +7.2 three point attempted (+4.4 made) differential compared to the Spurs. If you take away the insane 3's from Curry, the Warriors are nothing compared to the Spurs who seemingly can throw any player but Green onto the court and have them produce with efficiency.

Both Warriors and Spurs are on pace to have 65 wins this season, yet there's a chance that either (or both) of these teams won't even get to play in the finals... Edit: Since the early 70s, only two teams that have gotten 65+ win seasons have failed to win the championship in that season. 1: 06/07 Mavericks, 67 wins and got ousted by the Warriors, 2: 08/09 Cavaliers, 66 Wins and lost the ECF.

Just wild...

Edit: And elsewhere in the conference Rick Carlisle gets a random bag of players and turns them into a playoff contender because he's Rick Carlisle

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm kinda happy with Charlotte going foward. I mean we are 17-20 and that's bad in the current landscape of the eastern conference but we'll have $25M in free cap space, Batum not being a worry because of his bird rights. Also factoring the MKG injury that is a huge blow to our starting lineup, and Big Al being completely useless, 16/17 can be really good.

3 hours ago, Lars Elric said:

Man, JJ Barea is smart and annoying but the referee shouldn't have called the second Tech on Russ. 

Barea did what he did best, that was being a pesty twat. But Russ overreacted in a major way and let himself be T'd up, Russ let himself get frustrated. As a Mav fan I inherently like Barea for what he can do on offense and what role he had in the title win, but he can be an utter twat when he has to defend someone with a short fuse, because he'll find a way to get those guys into trouble.

Charlie V on the other hand I want to see cut yesterday, dude's a complete bum trying to go for Russell's throat. He adds nothing to the team, his 3pt shooting is shit too this year and he's a detriment in every way. I don't want the team to be associated with a guy like Charlie V, there are other players much more deserving of a rotation spot... Like Salah Mejri, who went 17/9 coming off the bench.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Twist said:

Just left the London game. Great fun. Can't say I'm a fan of people jeering the home team during free throws but such is the beast. Gutted I don't get to watch games more often.

Where were you seated, and what were the prices for the game?
Also, how was the attendance, like WWE in UK level of packed?

I'd love to go to an NBA in the future, it's one of the things I really want to get off my bucket list and experience at least once in my life.

Game was a sell out but plenty of empty seats that he touts obviously couldn't sell. I bought my ticket for 100 via StubHub. Face value was lower but honestly not sure how much lower.

Id absolutely go again but the atmosphere was weak until the second half and even then it wasn't blow the roof off hyped, which isn't surprising with a Magic/Raptor/neutral split on pretty even terms. Doesn't help I watched a few college games this week on ESPN with crazy atmospheres.

• Like 1