Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Great performance. Very professional and calm second half performance. They didn't have a sniff. Needed a performance like that badly. 

Absolutely outclassed - we didn't turn up and Liverpool were excellent, forced us into individual errors. Would love to have seen it if we had Rose, Vertonghen and Lamela fit, as their two goals came from our back-up's mistakes, but we were fortunate it wasn't more. No complaints, great stuff from Liverpool. 

Games like today are why I do the Kolo chant, but replace it with Mane. We're such a different side with him in it and fresh.

I also think having Gini and Lallana together again makes a world of difference. I love Can, and he was probably our best player last year, but he doesn't fit well into our starting XI. He's best as a back up for the holding role. Getting another midfielder like Gini and Lallana is a must for the summer. Lucas also was outstanding today.

9 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Games like today are why I do the Kolo chant, but replace it with Mane. We're such a different side with him in it and fresh.

I also think having Gini and Lallana together again makes a world of difference. I love Can, and he was probably our best player last year, but he doesn't fit well into our starting XI. He's best as a back up for the holding role. Getting another midfielder like Gini and Lallana is a must for the summer. Lucas also was outstanding today.

Can doesn't have the discipline to play in the single pivot. I really don't see where he fits in the 4-3-3, if we persist with it beyond this season. Maybe shipping him off to Juve in the summer wouldn't actually be the worst thing. The difference Mane makes is crazy. Not just in terms of his inidividual output, but having him in the side allows us to have that interchanging front three which is so hard to defend, and the Hendo/Lallana/Gini midfield which just works perfectly.