Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

23 hours ago, Baddar said:

Gylfi is so good. Great ball leading to Swansea's 2nd. Leicester clueless again. No build up, just lump it to the chav up front and hope for the best. They should be using the strengths of Gray and Mahrez too. 

They won a league with that exact tactic >_>

• Admin

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has been charged with improper conduct following Saturday’s game against West Brom, the Football Association has announced.

Bilic picked up and hurled a furry television microphone and appeared to abuse the referee, Michael Oliver, after his team conceded a late equaliser in the 2-2 draw. He was sent to the stands as a result.

His assistant Nikola Jurcevic has also been charged for alleged misconduct following an incident in the 19th minute.

Both have until 6pm on Thursday 16 February to respond to their charge.

I did like all the numpties on Reddit criticising Pep when it was reported that Pep had gone over to him to give him his condolences about the death of his daughter and that Pep was 'doing it for the cameras'. 

25 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Sure I've seen that  photo before... <_<

Harry-Winks-Signs-New-Contract-at-Totten

Still got nothing on "The Lean" 

• Like 1

Is there a link to the study itself? I've just watched the BBC Breakfast coverage of it and I still don't know how old the players studied were. I'm assuming by the fact they were a) dead and b) had dementia that they were more than likely not heading a Mitre Delta in the 90s, but whenever this comes up it's very unclear.

15 minutes ago, Colly said:

Is there a link to the study itself? I've just watched the BBC Breakfast coverage of it and I still don't know how old the players studied were. I'm assuming by the fact they were a) dead and b) had dementia that they were more than likely not heading a Mitre Delta in the 90s, but whenever this comes up it's very unclear.

Every time this pops up I think the same thing.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

They don't know about the effects of recent technology yet because the timeline isn't long enough. 

All the subjects in this study had developed dementia in their 60's so would assume they'd been playing in the 70's and 80's.

The potential problem is with modern football is that the balls are lighter, but they're been delivered with ever increasing velocity and there are miles more headers in modern football than there were in the 50's and 60's. So impact magnitudes are probably less, but not as much as you'd think and there's more of them. In boxing, it's been shown and repeated lighter blows cause way more brain damage than one heavy blow. 

Tommy Smith and Ron Yetes who are former captains for Liverpool under Shankley and were both great players have developed dementia. 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-legends-tommy-smith-ron-12576779

There was an interesting article about brain damage amd football which I've linked to if you have article spare couple of minutes.