Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Shocking 

Really hope they get relegated now.

Ii don't, because the fans don't deserve that. The owners care only about sitting at that top table (as Pat Murphy has just said on 5 Live, he's not wrong) and that's it. Ranieri being sacked here only enhances the viewpoint of him really, and if he wants another job in football I'm sure he could have his pick now.

I can see why they've done it, if they had gotten relegated under Claudio, regardless of the title win, in comparison to when he took over, he would have taken them backwards, even now, they're technically in a worse league position than when he was appointed.

• Like 1

Yeh...I think sentimentally it's a harsh sacking because he won them the title when no one would ever expect them to ever be able to win the Premier League. It's a fantastic achievement that may never be topped or repeated but realistically....they are clinging onto premier league survival atm, they've lost 5 in a run in the league and they are 1 point ahead of Crystal Palace. 

Clearly something's changed between them winning the league and up to this point, the loss of Kante doesn't mean you drop from title winners to relegation fodder. Has he lost the dressing room? Players like Wes Morgan who was fantastic last season has been garbage for large parts of this season. Teams know they just need to double up on Mahrez to take him out the game, Vardy hasn't got close to the goals return he had last season. 

Viewing this with my heart, I find it horrible that Leicester have sacked him after all he's done for them. Viewing this with my head, it just makes so much sense considering the situation they find themselves in and it hasn't improved at all during the season nor does it look like changing, decent results in the Champions League aside. 

Sources saying that a number of senior players were questioning his leadership after the Sevilla game.

They can fuck off really, the players have let him down big time this season. Including Jame "easy to turn down Arsenal" Vardy....

He should have called time on his career in the summer, it was never going to be easy this season.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Baddar said:

Shocking 

Really hope they get relegated now.

You and me both. Plus side, I like the Championship anyway, it's a much more interesting a league for me and always has been. Unless you're the top six in the Prem, it's just (usually) either "are we dull mid-table or are we frustratingly battling relegation this year?", which is of no interest to me.

16 hours ago, Tetsuya Nerfo said:

Torn on this. To be completely fair, they are in serious danger of being relegated this season, which would be unheard of as reigning champions. On the other hand, this is the position they should've been in last season, but instead they won the fucking league. You'd think that would've granted him some credit in the bank.

They can fuck off with the "we have to think long term" thing though. This is a short term gamble no matter which way you paint it.

As far as I was concerned, he could have taken us down to League Two and still had money in the bank. I will never see anything like that in my lifetime and speaking purely as a fan with heart over head, this is the second most ashamed I've ever been of my club behind the incident in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

Sources saying that a number of senior players were questioning his leadership after the Sevilla game.

They can fuck off really, the players have let him down big time this season. Including Jame "easy to turn down Arsenal" Vardy....

He should have called time on his career in the summer, it was never going to be easy this season.

They can seriously almost all fuck right off. I don't care if they all get sold now. They have grossly underperformed and have let down themselves, the club, the supporters, the board and everyone involved with the club. Outside of Kasper and Drinkwater they have been utterly abject this season. I agree that motivating should come down from the manager, but the players have a level of personal responsibility that they are not even close to fulfilling. I sincerely mean it when I say I saw more passion and desire from the players when we were in League One.

I get why they made the decision, and my head knows it was probably the right call (at entirely the wrong time, mind, if he was going any time it should have been the end of January after we didn't score a single league goal all month), but my heart is 100% firmly and unmovingly behind Claudio and will be for the rest of my life.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Always fucking hated the pricks (no offence @Benji, just from personal experience of receiving abuse from other Leicester fans - tho I did kind of bait them tbf), but I do genuinely feel sorry for Ranieri, because he came across as a genuinely decent bloke. 

:facepalm:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Just Ghost said:

Defoe hits the crossbar and then Lukaku goes up the other end and scores thanks to some weak as piss defending. This happens nearly every week but I still get annoyed, probably a shout for a penalty earlier too. 

I mean I think we had a general advantage in that game in that we were essentially playing our B-team. :P 

I joke, of course. Still, solid three points. Would really appreciate West Brom and Man United starting to drop points though. <_< 

A caller to MUTV the other day said we should give Sergio Romero a new and improved contract and that he's worried the DeGea transfer saga starting up again. I presumed here that he was suggesting we make Romero our number 1 keeper rather than look elsewhere if DeGea goes. :huh:

The guy finished up by saying Sergio would walk into any club with maybe Bayern, Madrid and Barca being the exceptions. 

This is how loved Claudio is to Leicester fans. Ian Stringer and Jason Bourne, who are both lifelong fans and are the two fantastic commentators for BBC Radio's Leicester City coverage basically went over to personally say goodbye and thank him for everything. I know people will hate my club for what has happened, I do too right now, but I want people to remember that it's not the fans who wanted this. There was a vocal minority who did, but as far as most of the fans went, he was manager for life, and the board's decision is not supported by the majority. Not trying to "no true Scotsman" this thing because the dissenters opinions are just as valid as anyone's, but they are a minority.

PS: Strings has absolutely been crying in the picture. He adored Claudio, anyone would have been a breath of fresh air after how shitty Person treated him (he spoke to him like trash and eventually refused to take interviews from him when Strings was just doing his job), but Claudio is special.

• Like 2

The whole situation just makes me sad. 

Leicester were the purest thing to happen in football for such a long time. It gave every team hope and Ranieri was the nicest possible person for it to happen to. It just sucks, now I want them to rot in the Championship next year. :(

I know what will cheer everyone up. 

A PAUL MERSON QUOTE!!!

"If you take away the top 7, West Brom would be top of the league"

• Like 4