Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

3 hours ago, lanky316 said:

Doesn't help when the refereeing expert is the man who had to give someone three yellow cards before sending them off. Just a nice little addition to make BT coverage even shitter.

To be fair, outside of that incident and some Chelsea related scumbagery on behalf of noted good guys Jose Mourinho, Ashley Cole and John Terry, that expert was recognised as one of the best referees in the world at time and would go onto referee the Championship playoff final less than 12 months later and had taken charge of the UEFA Cup final the season before.

Might not be the best idea to reduce one person's 20 year + career to one incident - and use that to dismiss his credibility to boot.

15 minutes ago, Baddar said:

No Ibra or Mkhi today. Great.  :/

At least Lingard is playing. :w00t:

They'll be on in the second half, of course.

Somewhat nervous that we've relied on Tibo for one or two super stops per game recently, and Begovic is good but will be the rustiest entity on the planet, so...

On a note of minor trivia, first time Diego plays at Old Trafford. He's already had his good half of the season though, so will likely spend most of the game getting unduly frustrated when Marcos Rojo beats him to an occasional long ball over the top.

Those final 5 minutes were more entertaining than the whole 90. 

Massive win that.  I would have took a point against West Brom before the start of the game. 

• Like 1

Ben Foster's role of roaming sweeper keeper in the last min of the match was one of the maddest things I have ever seen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hobo said:

Ben Foster's role of roaming sweeper keeper in the last min of the match was one of the maddest things I have ever seen.

I'll be honest I was a bit gutted he didn't try to take Wijnaldum out properly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Sweeper keeper with a free role. Its a bold strategy, cotton. Lets see if it pays off.