Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

That was incredible fun at the end. Pretty sure Moreno never makes another appearance for us after that though, jeeze. What a right idiot.

This is a match we normally draw or lose, but the side really dug in and put everything into it. Miggy was fucking sensational. Denying Phillips, and then punching every ball in away at the end. That's the kind of stuff he'd typically flap at and give away the equalizer from. He's been so improved lately.

Albie should've just given it to Sturridge or Firmino but if there had been a goal scored Ben Foster wouldn't have been taking on Gini Wijnaldum on the halfway line.

@Mad Jack So, Lingard...

Interested to hear your take on him because I've long been the guy bashing him, saying he isn't good enough to be a starter etc. and you've defended him before. 

I know he's good off the ball. But what does he honestly offer with it? He hardly scores, he hardly creates chances, shies away from most 50/50's and loses the ball so often when we're on the attack. 

Admittedly, you could pick out almost any of the players going forward this season, and Pogba if you like despite him playing in a midfield 3 for the most part, and say the stats aren't good enough, but I just don't get excited at all when Lingard has the ball. Mata, Martial, Mkhi, Rashford, Pog, Ibra, Valencia, even Ashley fucking Young all seem like they can make something happen from very little, but I don't get that with Lingard. I've been waiting ages for him to prove me wrong, but aside from the odd worldie, he doesn't cut it for me.

And surely he doesn't get in our best 11 when changes are made in the summer...

That is a really pants United XI on paper. Jose is going for the grind and counter attack and I reckon Chelsea will do them. Pity, because I want Chelsea to lose so the PL finish is a bit more exciting. 

I can't be coping with Mourinho wanking over how good his tactics where if this stays 1-0. 

Ffs Chelsea pull your finger out. 

40 minutes ago, Baddar said:

@Mad Jack So, Lingard...

Interested to hear your take on him because I've long been the guy bashing him, saying he isn't good enough to be a starter etc. and you've defended him before. 

I know he's good off the ball. But what does he honestly offer with it? He hardly scores, he hardly creates chances, shies away from most 50/50's and loses the ball so often when we're on the attack. 

Admittedly, you could pick out almost any of the players going forward this season, and Pogba if you like despite him playing in a midfield 3 for the most part, and say the stats aren't good enough, but I just don't get excited at all when Lingard has the ball. Mata, Martial, Mkhi, Rashford, Pog, Ibra, Valencia, even Ashley fucking Young all seem like they can make something happen from very little, but I don't get that with Lingard. I've been waiting ages for him to prove me wrong, but aside from the odd worldie, he doesn't cut it for me.

And surely he doesn't get in our best 11 when changes are made in the summer...

I think that he loses the ball often when we're on attack stands out because he is actually willing to go forward and be direct, something severely lacking this and in past seasons. His contributions at Wembley shouldn't be discounted either. Without him we would literally be a less successful club. He's not - or shouldn't be - starting XI, especially when we're going to splunk another 150 million plus on players this summer, but I think he will be and is a very good rotation player for the club and he's shown he can change games.

Edit: oh, and we're winning. Yay, I guess?

• Like 1

Well we've deserved fuck all from this game so far. I can sympathise in that Courtois and Alonso dropping out at short notice not only removed half our first-choice back four (forcing Azpi to move out wide), but also eliminated most of our effective wing play (i.e. Alonso/Hazard interchanges on the left, Azpi backing up Moses on the right). Combine this with further confirmation that Diego has adopted the Arsenal vision of when to stop playing well in a season, and we're in real trouble at both ends.

I don't know what can be done to change this, but something has to.

A lot of United fans shitting on the team selection before hand. Fergie did this quite often in the big games where he'd pick a team that on paper maybe left you questioning what the fuck he was thinking but ultimately he had them drilled and setup so well that they got the job done. 

Herrera has been brilliant today. Hasn't let Hazard out of his sights all game.Great performance so far.

• Like 3

It keeps that teasing, mean hope of the dream still alive.

However we've got to play three teams who will play like it's their cup final (Arsenal, Palace, West Ham), a team chasing top 4 (Man Utd) and a team who could be needing a win to stay up (Hull).....and Leicester. Bah.

21 minutes ago, Lineker said:

No, Chelsea will still win it.

United winning blows the title race wide open. :shifty:

• Like 1