Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 minute ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Maybe it all comes out that Alan Sugar still owns us and has been doing backhand deals for the last 15 years.

I'd expect nothing less from a Hackney lad.

1 minute ago, GoGo Yubari said:

All games in May are contested under Mario Party rules, and on the last day Ozil manages to trigger something that switches each team's total points earned.

tumblr_inline_mml2miW60e1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

If Arsenal finish outside the top 4 and Wenger stays then it's very telling as to what the priorities of the owners actually  are. 

• Like 1

In hindsight, I regret cutting my "fuck up Arsenal" game short by moving to Newcastle mid-season. I should have really got stuck in and built a dynasty around the fantastic foursome of El-Hadji Diouf, Joey Barton, Craig Bellamy and Nile Ranger. The epitome of marquee signings.

Speaking of the new players, manager Tim Stoker said "these are just the calibre of players that Arsenal fans deserve".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

Arsenal really need to start picking up points. Europa League qualification is essential. 

This could be the master plan. Not being in Europe has been a big boon to Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea in recent years as other teams around them end up playing more midweek ties and (cup runs depending) more matches a year so maybe next year Wenger could see out his contract by being narrowly pipped to the title on the last day without having to worry about European ties.

You can't get knocked out of the Champions League Round of 16 if you don't qualify for the Champions League.

Apparently rescheduling the Chelsea vs. Watford match (postponed by an FA Cup round from two months ago) on one of the many free Wednesday nights was too obvious for the Premier League. Instead, they've moved the West Brom game to Friday 12th May and put the Watford game on Monday 15th. 

And every other remaining game of the season has been confirmed as a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Yippee.

• Like 1