Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

I've given up hope of celebrating St Totteringhams Day this year, but I really really don't want Spurs to win the league. Get it together Chelsea :@

• Like 1

Wait until the end of the month when we'll have just failed to win at Goodison Park (like every other team that's gone there since Christmas), just two hours before Spurs spank an obviously-terrible Arsenal at home. That is the point when everyone will lose their shit.

33 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Guess you know more about bottling than we do tbf :/

Least we didn't come 3rd in a two horse title race :/

Anyway, yous wouldn't be in a position to bottle it this season. Chelsea are the only team who could bottle it considering how far ahead they were at one point.  Fair play that Tottenham have narrowed the gap but if Chelsea win the title it'd be expected. 

• Like 2

Gary Neville made a decent point yesterday - for the most part in the run in, Chelsea play first, so can extend the gap to 7 as opposed to Spurs reducing it to 1 and putting pressure on Chelsea to win their game, so they're still massive favourites. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Gary Neville made a decent point yesterday - for the most part in the run in, Chelsea play first, so can extend the gap to 7 as opposed to Spurs reducing it to 1 and putting pressure on Chelsea to win their game, so they're still massive favourites. 

I think that's a really good point. When we were on Chelsea's tails in the first half of the season, it felt like every game we played was after Chelsea had played so we were constantly trying to match or better Chelsea's results instead of putting pressure on them. 

I remember past years during title races against Manchester United where it always seemed we played later, so it'll be nice to be on the other side for once.

Although I note over the 5th-8th May Spurs play on the Friday and we don't until the Monday, meaning we'll have three full days to stew if the lead is cut to 1 point (or worse, by that time). That could be...interesting. :shifty: 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Oh, stop with all the false hope. We'll have fluffed it by the 5th and usual service can resume. 

You know perfectly well that we're both doing the same thing, and if you can carry on with it then so can I. :P

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rich said:

On paper Spurs' run in looks much tougher than Chelsea's. 

But, the pressure is on Chelsea as there are heavier expectations on them.

Arsenal are 17pts behind Spurs with 24pts to play for and a -24 goal difference between the two.

So I fully expect Arsenal to pip Spurs on goal difference on the final day. :shifty:

• Like 4