2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Stay classy, Michael Bennett

ATLANTA -- Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett went off on a reporter in the locker room following Seattle's 36-20 loss to the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC divisional round Saturday.

Bennett did not appreciate a question suggesting the Seahawks' pass rush struggled to get to Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

"We got a lot of pressure," Bennett said, according to The Seattle Times. "He threw the ball really fast. There was some busted stuff going on, so obviously you don't know football. He threw the ball pretty fast. He did his thing. We rushed as good as we could. Don't point and say we didn't do what we needed to do, OK? Don't do that."

Ryan completed 26 of 37 passes for 338 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. The Seahawks had three sacks and eight quarterback hits in the game.

"Don't tell me I didn't do my job, m-----f-----," Bennett added. "Get the f--- out of my face. Like I said, get out of my face. Don't play with me. Don't play with me. I just put my heart on the f---ing field."

Bennett continued his expletive-laden tirade before adding, "Try me again, see what happens."

Bennett had three tackles (two for loss), a sack and a quarterback hit.

10 minutes ago, DMN said:

Oh no, guy gets emotional after tough day at work, he's such a trashy guy!

You want these guys to care as much as fans do, but then you throw salt when they do. Pick one.

There is a big difference between getting emotional after a tough day at work and basically threatening to beat up a reporter. Unless there is some context I am missing here I can't help but disagree with you

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

The Chargers have reportedly come to their senses and dropped the LA logo after the negative reactions toward it. But they've also said they may revisit the LA logo concept at some point. 

I hope the first Chargers-Raiders game in L.A. is televised nationally, not a regional only game. The level of boos aimed at the Chargers will be epic.

But...how are the Raiders fans going to deal with it if the team eventually leaves to become the Las Vegas Buffet Raiders?

@DMN might be able to elaborate, but the Raiders feel less like they're a team tied to any one city. I could see some people in Oakland giving up on them when they move, but Raider Nation is a very real thing. It's a little weird that they're leaving California, and that I think is the biggest potential turn off for people.

But Raiders fans have that "us vs them" mentality to start, and seeing how the NFL didn't want them in LA yet wanted them out of Oakland only feeds that mentality.

i am just hoping that we get a good game today lol. These playoffs been pretty bad honestly not cause my team lost, but just the scores and everything. 

Steelers/Chiefs - whoever wins this game I am rooting for next week.

Packers/Cowboys - gotta root for the Pack.

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Oh no, guy gets emotional after tough day at work, he's such a trashy guy!

You want these guys to care as much as fans do, but then you throw salt when they do. Pick one.

He also basically told a reporter that was a cancer survivor that he didn't know anything about enduring hard times.

The Bennett brothers are idiots.

• Like 1

Well, this blows.  Rodgers is a fucking raging inferno right now.

Might as well put in Romo, because the Dak led offense isn't built to come back from this much.

Still, can't complain.  Went 4-12 without Romo last year and got the #1 seed without him this year, so we're clearly moving in the right direction.

Cowboys aren't giving Zeke the ball enough and that INT was a prime example of why they need to. He's been playing great yet Dallas wants to pass the ball. I don't get it (and the score doesn't matter much yet, a TD there by Dallas would've made it a 1 possession game.)