2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I hope Green Bay wins now, just because you guys seem to piss and moan in the second friggin' quarter instead of letting the rest of the game play out. 

They completely dominated the first half defensively and still went into the half down by 8 points, having needed to settle for field goals in the red zone twice.

It's been the story of their season.  And against mediocre/bad offenses, that's fine.  Against a Rodgers-led offense that will figure out a way to put up points?  Not so much.

The Packers at 24 points is already more than I thought the Giants could afford to give up to win this thing.  I would love for the Giants to make me eat crow (or a hat with hat sauce).

32 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I hope Green Bay wins now, just because you guys seem to piss and moan in the second friggin' quarter instead of letting the rest of the game play out. 

You'll get your wish. :rolleyes:

This was a total shit kicking from the last play of the first half on.  But if the Giants weren't winning the Super Bowl, this hurts a hell of a lot less than the alternatives.

Losing to Dallas after beating them twice would've really sucked.  Losing the NFC Title game where they're 5-0 all time would've hurt.  And of course losing the Super Bowl is about the biggest gut punch there is, especially if it's to the Pats.

11 wins and a playoff spot is still a far better year than the last four seasons.  It's something to build on.

I hope the Packers can go the distance now.  I like their chances at beating New England more than any other team in the NFC.

I'm indifferent to the Cowboys, a lot of their fans came out of the woodwork this year but I have to hear shit from "lifelong" Pats fans who've never been north of the Mason-Dixon Line all the fucking time. I'd honestly rather the Steelers win the AFC at this point because at least their fans are knowledgeable about football.

8 minutes ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

@Meacon did you hear Missanelli earlier this week? He actually said live on air he thinks it would be the best thing if Dallas wins to spur the Eagles to do better...an Eagles football talkshow host rooting for Dallas...never thought Id see the day

Yeah, I heard that. I think I kinda get what he was saying, but he was definitely saying it poorly. There was one caller who ripped into him saying the Redskins winning in the 80's, the Cowboys winning in the 90's, and the Giants winning in the 2000's sure as hell didn't spur the Eagles on to do better, so why the hell would that be the case this time? Which I thought was about the best counter-argument you could have.

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm pulling for Dallas. I like Dak. I like the Dallas fans here and my best friend is a Dallas fan. Plus, living in Eagles territory, it'll be so worth it to see everyone here go into meltdown mode. It'd be glorious.

But other than that #anyonebutNewEngland

I'm pretty much of the same mindset.

I cant wait for work tomorrow as this has been the only place Ive found sebsible Giants fans who werent overly cocky and running their mouth hardcore this whole past week. To be able to shut them up will be glorious.

Its gonna be rough against Rodgers and my hopes arent up about beating them for a second time so I expect Dallas out after Sunday, but Ill be damned if I didnt admit this was alot better than I thought would be after Romo went down.