2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

I'm alright with Denver not making the playoffs rather than watching them get curb-stomped. At least this way I can sit back and just watch football and not have my team's season end on such a sour note. 

But my team won the Super Bowl last year, so my view is a smidge skewed. If you ask a Raiders, Lions, or Dolphins fan, maybe they're happy to see the progression their teams have made and are just happy they got to watch their guys play in the playoffs, giving them more hope for next year.

I'm just now getting impatient with the Ravens where I haven't really cared about making the playoffs since I haven't felt we're good enough to win it all. The problem with the Ravens is they've just about never been slaughtered in a win or go home game. It's always a fucking tease, and gives me false hope. 2014 against the Pats in the playoffs, and this Christmas game against the Steelers. Both times I was like "Ya know? I don't really care if we win or lose because it hasn't been that long since we won the Super Bowl." But the games were so close those losses hurt a ton.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Twist said:

Sorry to hear that DMN, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say thoughts are with you.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I don't want it to be a thing, but considering how die hard a fan I'm known to be, I just wanted to give an explanation why this game took a backseat, you know?

4 hours ago, New Year New Srar! said:

Does it suck for your team to make the playoffs and then just get crushed? Would you rather they hadn't made it at all? Just curious what people think about that

I've said this entire time that everything since our 9th win has been a bonus to me. I think that, given the disadvantages we had, not only the loss of Carr, and McGloin, but of Donald Penn as well, especially against a defense like Houston (and not that they didn't deal with injuries themselves), that the team acquitted itself well. We didn't get the shit kicked out of us and we can build on it for next season.

Given the amount of young talent we have, I think the team was better served getting playoff experience than they would be by a slightly higher draft pick, but the Raiders are a team clearly on the rise, and, barring something unforseen, that should continue. If I was a team like Detroit, who kinda backed in and maybe has more glaring flaws (again, not that Oakland doesn't), I'd probably rather have the better pick.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, damshow said:

I could see Houston's defense keeping that game closer than it has any reason to be. Like within 14 points.

They beat them 27-0 without Tom Brady, I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1