2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

BTW since I know it can be an annoying trait, I'm sorry that I come across really negative and whiny in here mid-game.  I recognize it's an issue I have, and I'm legitimately trying to not be this way.  I think the 2007 Mets collapse marked the first time I started to always assume the worst in sports, even after my teams had two Super Bowl wins and World Series appearance this decade.  Even after they took the lead in the two Super Bowl wins, my mind immediately told me "yay!  but.......there's still time to blow it."

To be honest, it's not just a sports thing.  Negative thinking impacts me with stuff way more important in life than sports.  Not to get too deep, but I've dealt with depression for quite a while and since sports have always been my #1 passion (and diversion) in my life the doubt and negative thoughts just take over in the heat of the moment.  At the end of the day though I know sports mean dick all in the grand scheme of the world, and I'm still far happier with this season than I was the previous four.

So yeah.....sorry if I come across like a whiny baby during games.  I really don't mean it.  Love you all. :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

BTW since I know it can be an annoying trait, I'm sorry that I come across really negative and whiny in here mid-game.  I recognize it's an issue I have, and I'm legitimately trying to not be this way.  I think the 2007 Mets collapse marked the first time I started to always assume the worst in sports, even after my teams had two Super Bowl wins and World Series appearance this decade.  Even after they took the lead in the two Super Bowl wins, my mind immediately told me "yay!  but.......there's still time to blow it."

To be honest, it's not just a sports thing.  Negative thinking impacts me with stuff way more important in life than sports.  Not to get too deep, but I've dealt with depression for quite a while and since sports have always been my #1 passion (and diversion) in my life the doubt and negative thoughts just take over in the heat of the moment.  At the end of the day though I know sports mean dick all in the grand scheme of the world, and I'm still far happier with this season than I was the previous four.

So yeah.....sorry if I come across like a whiny baby during games.  I really don't mean it.  Love you all. :wub:

Ive been this way with the Giants since that meltdown they had against the Eagles a few years ago. Also being a Mountaineer fan does not help either. <_<

Report: Joey Porter Arrested After Altercation Outside Pittsburgh Bar [Update]

Chris Kluwe shared a fun story in the comments

Fuck Joey Porter. He’s an asshole and I hope he gets his balls gnawed off by weasels.

My rookie year, we were playing the Steelers week 15 or 16, and I’m trying to warm up for the game (context: I have a torn ACL in my kicking leg, so it was kind of a shitty time), when this fuckwit comes up, an hour and a half before the game, and tries to tell me that I can’t use the Steelers’ half of the field to warm up (meanwhile, their punter is on our side of the field, warming up with no problems, because we weren’t dickheads). I told him to fuck off, and then he starts acting like he’s stretching and tries to bump into me while I’m going through my motion. Darren Bennett comes tearing in off the bench (we had him on the roster in case I couldn’t punt), and almost throws down on Porter right there (my money would’ve been on Bennett). The refs come over, tell me I have to go back over to my side, and after some arguing where I tell them I’m well within my rights to be on the Steelers’ 40 yard line (since the rules dictate a 10 yard buffer zone at midfield that the kickers/punters can use), I tell them fine, I’ll go over to my side and just kick balls at the Steelers linebackers until I’m warm, which I proceeded to do.

Sadly, Porter did not trip over one of the balls raining down on his warmup spot and tear his own ACL, but it wasn’t for lack of trying on my part.

• Like 5

I'm satisfied with the season Miami had. Exceeded expectations. Steelers outplayed us and you could tell they wanted revenge for the week 6 game. Injuries caught up to us though, 3 starting DBs in Maxwell, Jones and Abdul-Quddus out, Pouncey and Tannehil on offense. I expected Pittsburgh to win, odds were stacked against miami. The bright side is, out of the starters, Albert, Bushrod, Wake and Suh is 30 and up. Everyone else is young. 

Our social group has a handful of Dolphins and Lions fans, and we all agreed that, if at the beginning of the season you'd told us that we'd both make the first round of the play-offs we'd have snapped your hand off. Both teams had a good year and, with astute draft picks and FA pick ups, could have the foundation set for stronger future seasons.

22 minutes ago, DFF said:

Our social group has a handful of Dolphins and Lions fans, and we all agreed that, if at the beginning of the season you'd told us that we'd both make the first round of the play-offs we'd have snapped your hand off. Both teams had a good year and, with astute draft picks and FA pick ups, could have the foundation set for stronger future seasons.

You hit the nail on the head. Miami needs OLB, thats basically it and depth every where else

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

Doug Marrone is expected to be named the new permanent Jags head coach.

Until he decides to quit.  I had heard they were going with Mike Smith, which I feel like would have been a far better move.

• Like 1

• Admin

As well as confirming Marrone as their new HC, JAX have also confirmed the appointment of Tom Coughlin as EVP of Football Operations.

Jordy Nelson suffered "at least" two fractured ribs last night against the Giants and is a massive doubt for the Dallas game this weekend.