2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

The Patriots, who were being given 9 points on the road, just pulled out a win against one of the presumptive NFC favorites without their two best players and a massive mismatch on the offensive line via missed a field goal.  And the rest of their division lost.

Boy am I sure glad to see that.  Boston fans deserve it, nothing ever goes their way.

• Like 6

I figured when Brady and Belichick left, that would be in the end of it, finally.  But now I'm betting Jimmy G will slot in just fine and they'll promote Matt Patricia to head coach and he'll be the only Belichick assistant to ever pan out as a head coach.  

There is a very real chance that they go 4-0 with Jimmy G now.  The next three games are all at home, where the Pats thrive.  Then Angry Brady will be back.

To that end, 19-0 is actually trending on Twitter.  I can't tell how much of it is people posting it sarcastically or how many are Pats fans who genuinely do think that perfection is owed to them.

45 minutes ago, Buschy Wonka said:

There is a very real chance that they go 4-0 with Jimmy G now.  The next three games are all at home, where the Pats thrive.  Then Angry Brady will be back.

To that end, 19-0 is actually trending on Twitter.  I can't tell how much of it is people posting it sarcastically or how many are Pats fans who genuinely do think that perfection is owed to them.

It's Giants fans >_<

7 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

If the Lions O-Line can play well this season we will score a lot. On the other hand, the defense is concerning.

I think Stafford will be just fine without Calvin, he has plenty of weapons. Hindsight being 20/20, should have traded Calvin and psid Suh.

If we can play with the D more like it was in the first half than the second, we should be okay!

Sky have confirmed their televised coverage for the week 2 games.

Fri 0130: Jets at Bills
Sun 1800: Bengals at Steelers
Sun 2105: Seahawks at Rams
Mon 0130: Packers at Vikings
Tue 0130: Eagles at Bears.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

I know another Patriots Superbowl win would be a bit annoying...but wouldn't it be worth it to see Goodell have to hand the trophy to Brady and Belichick?

No.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Toe said:

I know another Patriots Superbowl win would be a bit annoying...but wouldn't it be worth it to see Goodell have to hand the trophy to Brady and Belichick?

Only if it's a fake Lombardi Trophy that is set to blow up and cover only Kraft, Belichick and Goodell in various fecal material.  Like, straight-up snipe them - and only them - with shit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Toe said:

The only scenario that exists where the Patriots win the Super Bowl and I don't hate it would be if they were playing against the Cowboys or Eagles (lol).  And even then I'd dread the fact that their whiny fans got to see them win a 5th ring in 16 years and yet they still seem to believe the football gods owe them.